It is usual to hear up-and-coming artistes lament about the lack of support given to them by the industry.
Their lamentations stem from the argument that the music industry should develop talents at all stages but it appears only mainstream artistes are given attention.
One underground artiste who shares in this sentiment is rapper Ikroniq Banks who has been doing music since his primary school days.
When the rapper was asked by Dr Pounds on Hitz Gallery on Hitz FM how he wanted the industry to help them, Ikroniq surprisingly requested for 20 slots for underground artistes on major events.
“At least, like some of these big shows, Ghana Rocks, Decemba2Rememba etc at least…we should have 10 up-and-coming acts constant or maybe 20. But at least 10,” he requested.
The rapper believes that this arrangement will help to highly boost the careers of underground artistes because performances on major shows give great exposure.
He also cautioned his colleagues against demanding to perform at the latter stages of the show when they are offered opening act performances.
Ikroniq has released several songs including ‘Wey Dey Town’ featuring Article Wan, ‘40k’ ‘Over’. ‘Mogul’, ‘Blow’ and many others.
The underground artiste has two videos to his credit and preparing to shoot a video for his song featuring Article Wan.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- We didn’t pitch any material to get selected – Bulldog opens up about Beyoncé-Shatta collab
- Milk this opportunity, it's not about ‘pah pah’ anymore – Shatta Wale told
- Shatta Wale trends #1 in Ghana, 8 worldwide after Beyonce feature news
- Celebs, fans react to news on Shatta Wale, GuiltyBeatz’s feature with Beyonce
- GuiltyBeatz produces 3 songs on Beyonce's 'The Lion King: The Gift' album
- Stonebwoy, Samini congratulate Shatta Wale on Beyonce feature
- 'I know my level!' - Beyoncé features Shatta Wale on new album
- Real Time channel Debuts on DStv, GOtv
- Support the arts industry – Kwesi Agyare to gov't
- Kagame – The tallest president in Africa is the shortest in his family
- Prince David Osei wins Best Actor award at African International Film Festival
- Bond: Black female actor, Lashana Lynch is next ‘007 agent
- R. Kelly expected in court on sex charges
- Movie producers collaborating is the way to go - Peter Sedufia
- Never thought I would do a song with Kojo Antwi – King Promise