Actress and movie producer, Lydia Forson, has joined many across the country to condemn the brawl that ensued at the 20th edition of the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards.
According to her, it was sheer luck that patrons at the popular event escaped unhurt during the mayhem caused by fans of Shatta Wale and Stonebwoy.
On Facebook Lydia Forson said the experience was both traumatising and scary.
“When people see a gun, their immediate reaction is to run, and when they’re confined to any space a stampede occurs and that’s usually how people get hurt,” she wrote.
She stated that although she loves both artistes, they were both guilty of what happened and should be held responsible.
“So many people could have been severely hurt; we got lucky this time,” Lydia Forson added.
After Stonebwoy was announced Reggae/Dancehall Artiste of the Year a brawl broke out between his camp and that of his archrival, Shatta Wale.
It all happened when Shatta Wale and his multitude of fans walked towards the stage while Stonebwoy was about to give his speech for the award.
Just as he approached the stage, punches started flying between Stonebwoy’s entourage and Shatta Wale’s team.
Stonebwoy ended up pulling out a gun, which he later apologised for.
Stonebwoy explained that he pulled the gun in self-defence.
Many Ghanaians have urged the law enforcement agencies to swiftly punish any wrongdoing.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- R. Kelly in solitary over mortal fear of other inmates
- Ed Sheeran goes to numbers one, three, four on UK chart
- Ghana praised for supporting Vis-à-vis Festival
- English language did trick for ‘Be Lifted’ penetrating Africa - MOG
- Show evidence of new factories – John Dumelo charges gov’t
- Video: I’d love to settle in Ghana after retirement- Tim Godfrey
- Ark band performs live on Joy FM’s Cosmopolitan Mix
- Creative Arts Council, media pay courtesy call on Ghana Embassy in Spain
- Listen: 'Already' by Beyoncé ft Shatta Wale
- Storm Energy partners Silverbird to premiere Lion King
- FaceApp: Celebs fall in love with AgeChallenge
- Cobby Raymond releases Kojo Antwi inspired song
- MUSIGA has ¢70,000 locked up in Menzgold - Bessa Simons
- Nicki Minaj hints on signing Ghanaian act
- People aren’t celebrating GuiltyBeatz's prod. on Beyoncé's album – Ameyaw Debrah