The Black Entertainment Television (BET) International has congratulated rapper Sarkodie for winning the Artiste of the Decade at the just ended Vodafone Ghana Music Awards.
BET on their Instagram page shared a photo of Sarkodie naming him their Man Crush Monday (MCM).
The post read “Our #MCM has been crowned the Artiste of the Decade at the 20th edition of the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards! Congrats @Sarkodie #MusicMonday
In a hotly contested 2019 edition of the Awards, the rapper beat competition from colleagues, who have equally worked over the past decade, to win the award.
The ‘Artiste of the Decade’, the second time it is being awarded since the inception of the awards scheme in the year 2000, was one of the keenly contested categories this year.
R2Bees, Joe Mettle, No Tribe & Nacee, Shatta Wale, Okyeame Kwame, Stonebwoy, Samini, Efya, and Becca were all eyeing that award.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Kalybos unveiled as ambassador for game app
- Thank you! Kuami Eugene appreciates KiDi for amazing verse
- Adom FM Music Chart (Week 24): Kwesi Arthur's ‘Nobody’ makes it to the top
- Court orders police to file Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale trial documents
- Patoranking explains why he allows nudity in videos
- Cuba Gooding Jr. rants about groping allegations
- D-Black drops much anticipated ‘Smoke & Mirrors’ EP
- Video: My mom and I were abandoned by my father – Nsromma star
- It will be difficult going back to school – Kuami Eugene
- I’m a shopaholic, I need prayers – Jackie Appiah
- Abraham Attah to star in Birdman’s film
- Lena Headey didn’t like Cersei’s ‘Game of Thrones’ death scene
- Girlfriends, side-chicks of Black Stars players should be allowed into their camp – Mzbel
- Duchess Meghan nominated for World Fashion Award
- Video: Do politics if you want Ghana to move forward – A Plus