Dancehall artiste Shatta Wale has withdrawn his participation from the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards (VGMA) in the future.
This comes at the back of a brawl that erupted between his camp and that of his rival Stonebwoy during the 20th edition of the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards.
The fight which disrupted the program for almost an hour saw many people distraught after Stonebwoy brandished a gun in public.
The artiste who posted a picture of his injured hand on Instagram revealed his decision is not impulsive but he has given it some thoughts and gone through consultations.
He wrote, “Upon sober reflections of events in recent times and having made broader consultations, I wish to announce that I will not be part of the Ghana Music Awards scheme going forward. God bless!”
Shatta Wale and Stonebwoy have been dragged to court for Offensive Conduct to Breaches of the Peace during the VGMA.
The two who were in police custody for 24hours (Sunday to Monday) pleaded not guilty to the charge.
Stonebwoy, born Livingstone Etse Satekla, also pleaded not guilty to an additional charge of Display of a Weapon in a Public Place without permission.
The two were granted bail of ¢50,000 with one surety each and the case has been adjourned to June 20.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- R. Kelly in solitary over mortal fear of other inmates
- Ed Sheeran goes to numbers one, three, four on UK chart
- Ghana praised for supporting Vis-à-vis Festival
- English language did trick for ‘Be Lifted’ penetrating Africa - MOG
- Show evidence of new factories – John Dumelo charges gov’t
- Video: I’d love to settle in Ghana after retirement- Tim Godfrey
- Ark band performs live on Joy FM’s Cosmopolitan Mix
- Creative Arts Council, media pay courtesy call on Ghana Embassy in Spain
- Listen: 'Already' by Beyoncé ft Shatta Wale
- Storm Energy partners Silverbird to premiere Lion King
- FaceApp: Celebs fall in love with AgeChallenge
- Cobby Raymond releases Kojo Antwi inspired song
- MUSIGA has ¢70,000 locked up in Menzgold - Bessa Simons
- Nicki Minaj hints on signing Ghanaian act
- People aren’t celebrating GuiltyBeatz's prod. on Beyoncé's album – Ameyaw Debrah