Highlife sensation, KiDi has faulted organisers of the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards (VGMA) for their security lapse after disturbances at the event last Saturday.
The artiste, born Dennis Nana Dwamena said if Charterhouse had made adequate security arrangements, the Shatta Wale-Stonebwoy brawl could have been better managed.
Asked if Charterhouse should be sanctioned, the artiste who walked away as ‘Best Male Vocalist of the Year’ told Kojo Yankson on the AM Show on MultiTV Friday: “to be fair yeah, everybody needs to be sanctioned.”
Speaking on the security arrangements on the night, KiDi said: “the organisers themselves messed up.”
Citing himself, KiDi said he just walked from his car to the premises without going through any security check whatsoever.
He said if there were security checks, the brawl could just have been limited to fists and not involve brandishing of a firearm by Stonebwoy.
He added: “going forward a higher body needs to check all of this.”
Charterhouse themselves have sanctioned the two artistes who engaged in the disturbance.
Stonebwoy and Shatta Wale were on Thursday stripped of all the awards they won on the Night and also banned indefinitely from the event.
What caused the fracas?
Livingstone Etse Satekla, alias Stonebwoy, had gone on stage to pick his award for Dancehall Artiste of the Year.
But just as he was being presented with the ward, his arch-rival, Charles Nii Armah Mensah alias Shatta Wale and his entourage stormed the stage.
This created confusion between fans of the two musicians. Stonebwoy pulled out a pistol in the midst of the heat.
After a short break, the event continued peacefully. Stonebwoy apologised when he went on stage to pick a second award. He cited threats for his coming to the event “prepared.”
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- We need to stop the beef - Strongman Burner
- Media made slay queens popular - Ama K. Abebrese
- ‘Ups and Downs’ not a diss song - Strongman
- BET Awards: Stars pay tribute to Nipsey Hussle
- Rap battle: Medikal vs Strongman, who won?
- 2019 EMY Africa Awards: Full list of Winners
- Class, style, persona; Nat Attoh hosts 3rd EMY Africa Award
- DJ Switch to support Cape Coast school with educational materials
- Gospel musician arrested over HIV/AIDS cure claims
- Cardi B charged with strip club assault
- Video: Asamoah Gyan, Atsu, Owusu, others in ‘cheeky response train’
- Ghanaian TV personality to host 2019 BET Awards red carpet
- I don’t mind nude roles to serve a purpose—Ama K
- Joy FM's Cosmopolitan mix goes live with Kwanpa band
- Kalybos unveiled as ambassador for Geddit Ghana