Bettie Jenifer, the wife of Ghanaian actor Chris Attoh, has been shot dead.
She was killed, by an unidentified male on Friday, while leaving her office in Maryland in the US after work.
Bettie was shot at multiple times by a man; police say was black, while she walked to her car at the parking lot of her office at 6300 Block of Ivy Lane around 5 pm.
One of the bullets fatally hit her during the attack. Police declared her dead on the scene.
The police are currently on the hunt for the suspect, believed to have used a handgun and fled the scene in a blue vehicle after the incident.
They described the suspect as “a black male with a thick build and black hair, wearing a dark shirt and pants.”
Prior to this incident, there were reports that all was not well between Chris Attoh and Bettie Jenifer, who got married in October 2018, in Accra.
The actor had deleted pictures of the wife from his Instagram account fueling rumours that their marriage could be hitting the rocks.
Chris Attoh married again after his first marriage to Nigerian actress, Damilola Adegbite, with whom he has a son, crashed in 2017.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Watch ‘deepfake’ Jon Snow apologise for final season of ‘Game of Thrones’
- Italian George Clooney fraudsters arrested in Thailand
- Waris axing from AFCON squad 'payment' for treating me badly - Ex-wife
- Some big artistes used to kneel down for misbehaving – Hammer
- I don’t feel celebrated enough – Kwaw Kese laments
- Stonebwoy gears up for Shuga Summer Tour
- I won't beef with someone who can't write her own songs – Kelvyn Boy
- Modelling not lucrative in Ghana — Chantelle Dapaah
- Reggie Rockstone leaves VVIP?
- Video: Kofi Adjorlolo dating Victoria Lebene mere media stunt – Abeiku Santana
- Adom FM Music Chart (Week 23): Kwesi Arthur's ‘Nobody’ gunning for number 1?
- Russian poker star electrocuted in bath at home
- Popular illusionist ready to stun patrons at 2019 MMC Live
- From Nollywood to pulpit: Eucharia Anunobi’s untold conversion story
- Sarkodie doesn’t come to bed early – Wife