Former President John Mahama has said the official swearing in ceremony of The Gambia President, Adama Barrow held on Saturday marks a "new dawn in West Africa."
The former Ghanaian leader, who was instrumental in efforts to restore democracy in the small West African country, lauded the success of the mediation process.
Tweeting Saturday, former President Mahama said, "Our success in The Gambia gives true meaning to the relevance of ECOWAS."
The Gambia was on the brink of a political crisis over the refusal of former President Yahya Jammeh to hand-over power following his defeat in the country's Presidential poll in December, 2016.
He had initially conceded in a telephone conversation with Mr Barrow but declined days later citing some infractions he said were committed during the election process.
He had wanted the results to be annulled by the Supreme Court, but a military threat by the Economic Community of West Africa States (ECOWAS) was enough to get him out of power.
President Mahama who had partnered Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari in the mediation process was invited as one of the guests for the investiture of Mr Barrow.
Basking in the success achieved by ECOWAS in The Gambia, the former President said he is proud to have been part of the process.
"Happy to be part of this history."
Have your say
More Lifestyle Headlines
- How Dr Ewura Adjoa is making impact in Ghana
- Married to a monster: How marital rape is killing marriages
- The 10 things you should know about your vagina
- 10 expenses to cut down on to for a low-budget wedding
- How to know if you're in a rebound relationship
- LOAD Ghana calls for stringent measures to regulate sale of alcohol
- Brain function of night owls and larks differ, study suggests
- Sex and love making
- Couples treat at Luv FM's unforgettable Valentine Night of love
- Gabby Otchere Darko, McDan CEO pay for sick boy's surgery
- Millions of women had sex they didn’t want on Valentine’s Day
- 5 of the best exercises you can ever do
- Cardiothoracic Center receives GHS75,000 support from Awake Water
- Fashion Friday: Kokudé – Ghana's new exquisite fashion design powerhouse
- Hotline documentary: Robbing The Sick - Case of Tamale Teaching Hospital