Nyaho Medical Centre has introduced new services as part of a rebranding move that is aimed at highlighting the private facility’s 47 years of excellent service delivery.
The rebranding also aims at establishing the facility as an organisation that has varied expert individuals and medical specialists working to achieve successful health outcomes for patients.
The private medical service provider now has a new interactive website, a queue management system for improved patients’ itinerary within the hospital, and an improved health screening services.
There is also now, a family physician programme to foster the facility's unparalleled healthcare delivery to an entire household.
At a short ceremony to launch the new services on Tuesday, February 7, 2017, Managing Director and CEO of Nyaho Medical Centre, Dr Elikem Tamaklo, said the rebranding of the medical facility is also aimed improving communication with its stakeholders.
“If we are not intentional in the way we communicate ourselves, then we are leaving it open for people to communicate with us.
"So we want to communicate our patients first and foremost because these are people who have a long relationship with us but we also want to reach patients who have never come,” he said.
Dr Elikem Tamaklo
The new website will enable patients to book appointments with the facility’s specialists anywhere in the world, Dr Tamaklo said.
The Director of Institutional Care Division of the Ghana Health Service (GHS), Dr Samuel Kaba Akoriyea, who as the launch on behalf of GHS Director General, Dr Ebenezer Appiah-Denkyira, lauded Nyaho Medical Centre for its people-centred health care delivery and urged other private facilities to do same.
He said private healthcare facilities are crucial for the progress of the country’s healthcare system.
He charged other private facilities to push for service excellence.
“We have signed an MoU with the private sector to enable seamless health service delivery. So that when you are moving from a private hospital to a government hospital, there will not be a lot of difficulties,” Dr Kaba said.
Nyaho Medical Centre was founded in 1970 on the premise of group medical practice where Specialists from various fields of medicine use their varied skills to work efficiently and cooperatively with a team approach to patient care.
This established Nyaho as the first private group medical practice in Ghana and has been the basis of the Centre’s success for more than four decades.
In April 2015 Dr Elikem Tamaklo assumed the position of Managing Director now serves the hospital in striving to achieve the vision of providing the best medical and nursing care in Ghana. Our continued mission is to be a world-renowned medical centre, giving the best in medicine and nursing care.
Nyaho Medical Centre is recognised throughout the health industry for its high calibre of healthcare professionals and excellent facility
Have your say
More Lifestyle Headlines
- Medical drones: IMANI condemns backers’ lack of knowledge of deal
- Hold on to your relationships: it's officially "breakup season"
- Restaurant dishes 'contain more calories than fast-food meals'
- Rapper Nicki Minaj's relationship with sexual offender upsets fans
- Oyoko women undergo free cervical cancer screening
- Drone Delivery Service: We are shocked at GMA’s inconsistency - Gov’t
- Medical drone project "inflated", "misplaced" -- Ato Forson insists
- Wife reads out husband’s affair texts instead of vows at wedding
- All of the best and worst love advice I learned from watching Christmas movies
- FDA hits beaches with tobacco, tramadol education
- Ghanaian doctor, German save life of a Ghanaian onboard KLM flight
- Posting children’s images exposes them to danger. This is how
- How sex bonds couples, and why sometimes it's not enough
- Mass Tilapia deaths recorded in Eastern Region
- The reason you sweat in your sleep