The 2017 Joy FM Beauty & Bridal Fair Fashion Show had it all in the details. The vintage-inspired suits, exaggerated gowns, stunning one-shoulder action and screaming African Print suits were sure to earn the ooos and ahhhs of the crowds.
As pairs of sweet-faced models walked tentatively onto the catwalk, there was no doubt the crowd was about to be treated to staggering creations with so many ideas for both men and women’s fashion.
The Republic Day fashion show, held at the Accra International Conference Centre in the early hours of Saturday evening, opened with a white bridal wear by Ruby’s Bridal. The collection featured classical gown shapes with appropriate attention to detail.
Models stalked the runway in long laced dresses, some accentuated with tulle, pearls, round and sweetheart necklines with V-back deep cutouts, which revealed various body shapes.
Ruby told the crowd her inspiration is to design to suit the personality of brides who want to look beautiful and royal.
Wear Ghana’s GIGI’s collection for pre-wedding photo shoot and engagements was an interchangeable collage of African prints and western fabrics.
The opening look featured a hood jacket combined with ripped-jeans. Followed by round-neck knee-length dresses with lapels for ladies and shirts with similar aesthetics for men.
There were also long gowns with side splits and trousers for both sexes. Although GIGI’s first retail collection, the two ladies behind these impressive designs show how friendship and business can have a beautiful mix.
Adjoa Yeboah walked into the furore by putting extravagant fascinators on the models who rocked her combined bold print and shimmery, shiny lace and silk designs. She is inspired by nature to style women in a way that makes them stand out.
On the other hand, B’Venaj’s gowns and bridesmaids look was a mix of kente, lace, satin and other soft, see-through fabrics. It had embellished details like sleeveless, bell sleeves, classic necklines, bodacious flares, empire cuts, midi and off-shoulder styles, conforming to what is the rave right now.
Then came the vintage-inspired men’s wedding suits and ladies’ engagement looks by Kustom Looks Clothier. Notable was the perfect marriage between colourful local prints and suiting fabrics.
No wonder the man behind this creation has the bragging right as the Ghanaian designer who clothed ex-president Barack Obama.
Crowning the show was AE House of Suit Bridal which had an elegant ball and mermaid gowns; one look in an exceptional velvet colour.
With all these contrasting fabrics, styles and looks screaming brilliance, any of these choices you make for your wedding is sure to leap your big day from zero to hundred.
Have your say
More Lifestyle Headlines
- Tech-savvy New Life Homeopathic Clinic wins prestigious award
- Why do we sleep talk? Here's everything you should know
- DR Congo: WHO declares Ebola outbreak global health emergency
- Lifestyle with Sakwaba: Love corner: Is what you’re feeling love or infatuation?
- How many bananas are enough?
- UG School of Nursing and Midwifery gets first substantive Dean
- Conjoined twin girls separated after 50 hours of surgery
- Mona by Nehita: Luxury jewellery line, launches in Ghana
- Abandoned hospital projects at Fomena, Kumawu to be completed this year - Minister
- Is it possible to stay sexually attracted to your spouse for life?
- Africa's largest solar powered project for a hospital commissioned at FOCOS Hospital
- Lady Adelaide Heward-Mills believes in privacy after marriage
- Esther Cobbah’s nuggets on how to deal with the unexpected in marriage
- Joy Beauty and Bridal Fair: Bespoke Ruby’s Bridal gowns at affordable prices
- 2019 Beauty and Bridal Fair:The most affordable price for your rings at The Nazarene