De DONs family, a society of young men and women in Asuom, has donated items to the Asuom Health Centre.
The group, predominantly made up of about 70% natives of Asuom and 30% youth across the country, made the donation to the health centre on Monday, April 22, 2019 to coincide with the Easter celebrations.
The items include 12,000 branded polythene bags, 50 branded bedspreads and 50 branded pillow covers.
Making the presentation, the leader of De DONs family, Samuel Ayim Asiedu A.K.A Sabash, said the objective of De DONs family is to inspire and empower the youth in the community to work hard to achieve greater heights and contribute to the community in which they come from and the nation as a whole.
He explained that the donation to Asuom health centre on the Easter Monday signifies the importance the group attaches to the death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ and to contribute their widow's mite to the health care delivery to the chiefs and people of Asuom and its environs.
The hospital expressed appreciation to De DONs family for the donations.
The Health Committee headed by Mrs Faustina Sabina Jones (Chairperson) and Mrs Margaret Lawless (Vice-Chair), delegates from Asuom Chief Palace were present to grace the occasion.
Have your say
More Lifestyle Headlines
- Rebecca Foundation presents ambulances to six health institutions
- Top corporate braid styles turning heads
- 5 great tips to enjoy a better sleep
- How do you keep your long-term partner happy in the relationship?
- Lifestyle with Sakwaba: Will your grilled meat, chicken and fish cause cancer?
- You don't need an air freshener if you have this
- God not against medication- Doctor decries poor attitude to health
- NDC MP wants law to regulate emerging fertility industry
- How to actually teach your kid the value of money
- UN agency imports contraceptives worth $1.9m to Ghana in 2018
- Accra Mall opens applications for maiden Future Fashion Fund
- Ghanaian children depend on only one pediatric cardiologist
- Gov’t launches action plan to tackle pollution
- 7 common fights couples have during the first year of marriage
- The healthy vegetable that can poison your liver