The country’s first large-scale mall, Accra Mall has launched the Future Fashion Fund as part of its Fashion Weekend Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) project.
The project aims to support talented fashion school graduates who aspire to be fashion retailers.
Explaining the application process, Marketing Manager of Accra Mall, Denise Asare, said, “After the deadline for applications, 50 shortlisted applicants will be taken through an empowerment seminar.
“They will be offered training in business planning marketing skills, financial health and much more. Five finalists will be selected out of the 50 to compete for the ultimate prize”.
The five finalists will be expected to come up with creative pieces using this year’s theme “The new old”.
The designs will be featured at this year’s Fashion Weekend which runs from August 30 to 31. The winner will be selected after the final presentation of business plans, showcase of designs and votes by the public via social media.
With a mouth-watering cash prize of $3,000, a pop-up stall at Accra Mall and many other amazing prizes Ms. Asare encouraged fashion graduates to apply.
“Ghana has a lot of talented and creative designers and we look forward to receiving as many applications as possible. We are dedicated to supporting young entrepreneurs and we are keen to see Ghanaian fashion designers not only become successful retailers but dominate the African fashion industry”, she stated.
Applications are open from now till July, 1. Interested persons are required to submit a copy of their CV, academic reference, portfolio and draft business plan to email@example.com.
Have your say
More Lifestyle Headlines
- A 'wake-up' call: Your health before age 40 is tied to heart risks later in life
- Keto diet could lead to this scary lifelong side effect
- What happens to men who stay bachelors forever, according to science
- ‘41% of Ghanaians have mental problem’
- Lifestyle with Sakwaba: Your favourite ‘Gari Shito’ just got better with this new recipe
- Psychiatric patients, epileptics prefer spiritual healers to hospitals – Mental Health Officer
- Video: Do not lose yourself in pursuit of love – Pundits
- Fashion Friday: African fashion at tipping point if trade agreement delivers
- GHS to administer new anti-malaria drug to children
- 3 reasons why guys love to date successful women
- GAC releases national HIV estimates and projections for 2018
- Ghana: About 19,100 people infected with HIV in 2018
- Tech-savvy New Life Homeopathic Clinic wins prestigious award
- Why do we sleep talk? Here's everything you should know
- DR Congo: WHO declares Ebola outbreak global health emergency