The Accra Metropolitan Assembly has closed down the Osu Oxford Street Mall.
According to AMA officials owners of the mall did not have the requisite occupancy certificate.
The Mall was opened few weeks ago and has since been in brisk business, albeit concerns the mall will bring traffic to an already congested vicinity.
The AMA on Monday began an operation let traffic flow to rid the city of needless vehicular traffic during the Christmas festivities but its axe fell heavily on the Shoprite mall.
With chains and padlocks the AMA officials locked up the mall, late Monday afternoon.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Making Accra cleanest city in Africa by 2020: Akufo-Addo making progress?
- Obuasi alive with clients exhibition, trade show
- SONA 2019: Toilets provision evidence of $1m for each constituency pledge
- Photo of the week: The Rawlings-Akufo-Addo bromance continues
- Gov't announces plans to avert perennial Bagre Dam spillage
- GES to introduce new curricula for next academic year
- SONA 2019: Akufo-Addo breaks silence over Menzgold saga
- SONA 2019: Akufo-Addo announces new curriculum for KG to P6
- SONA 2019: 62nd Independence Day celebrations to be held in Tamale
- SONA 2019: I'm mindful of next generation not next election – Akufo-Addo
- Aggrieved customers of Gold Coast Fund Management threaten demo
- Newspaper headlines: Thursday, February 21, 2019
- Accra gets mechanical street sweepers for heavy traffic roads
- GIJ poised to lead media research in Ghana
- Vegan bride-to-be bans meat eaters from her wedding