The Accra Metropolitan Assembly has closed down the Osu Oxford Street Mall.
According to AMA officials owners of the mall did not have the requisite occupancy certificate.
The Mall was opened few weeks ago and has since been in brisk business, albeit concerns the mall will bring traffic to an already congested vicinity.
The AMA on Monday began an operation let traffic flow to rid the city of needless vehicular traffic during the Christmas festivities but its axe fell heavily on the Shoprite mall.
With chains and padlocks the AMA officials locked up the mall, late Monday afternoon.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Violence against women: MP charges gov’t to resource DOVVSU
- Send Ghana wants govt to crack whip on School Feeding fraud
- National Chief Imam commends and prays for Joy News' Latif Iddrisu
- School Feeding Coordinator suspended
- Punish heads who use pupils for political activities – Bright Appiah
- Ghana paying too much for Medical Drones Service – Procurement expert
- Fiesta Royale donates to Maternal Unit of Achimota Hospital
- Prempeh College ’98 old boys donate water system to school to mark homecoming anniversary
- Finding natural riches in the world's driest desert
- Full document: Controversial MoH, Zipline medical drone agreement
- Ethiopian Airlines launches services to Manchester
- New book, “Made in Ghana” to be launched Friday
- Zimbabwean nabbed with 7kg cocaine
- “Russia’s most advanced robot” turns out to be man in robot suit
- Newspaper headlines: Thursday, December 13, 2018