Mrs. Francisca Ashietey Odunton, Acting Head of Legal Service of the Ghana Broadcasting Corporation (GBC), has been appointed Deputy Director General of the Ghana Broadcasting Corporation.
A statement from the national Media Commission signed by its Executive Secretary said the appointment of Mrs Francisca Ashietey Odunton was in consultation with President John Mahama.
Below is the full statement
GEORG SARPONG EXECUTIVE SECRETARY
REPUBLIC OF GHANA
Mrs Ashietey-Odunton attended Aburi Girls' Secondary School for both her GCE Ordinary and Advanced Levels certificates. She holds a Bachelor of Arts Degree from the Kwarne Nkrunnah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi; a Master degree from the London School of Economics and Political Science. She is a qualified lawyer and was called to the Bar in 1996.
25th October 2013, NMC APPOINTS DEPUTY DIRECTOR-GENERAL FOR GBC The National Media Commission in consultation with the President of the Republic of Ghana, in consonance with the 1992 Constitution, has appointed Mrs Francisca Ashietey-Odunton as the new Deputy Director-General of the Ghana Broadcasting Corporation for a four-year term, effective November 1, 2013.
She joined GBC in January 1990 as a Senior Production Assistant and served in several capacities in the Newsroom, Producer/Director, Editor, Senior Editor, Assistant Chief Editor and covered major conferences.
in November 2010 she assumed the post of Senior Legal Officer at GBC and until her appointment, Acting Head of Legal Services.
Mrs Aihietey-Odunton has covered many major international conferences including the African Union Summit, Ecowas Summit and World Food Summit.
She has also produced various programmes including Kyekyekule, Children's Own, Adult Education and Country Music. She is married with two children.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Political leaders should live up to their trusts - Peace Council Chair
- Journalist in ¢5m blackmail of ECG MD
- LECIAD sends off Prof. Mensa-Bonsu in style
- TUC pushes for utility tariff reduction
- 20,000 pieces of wax prints impounded for tax evasion
- GES worried over lack of attention for Physical Education
- Contempt of court looms over construction of Madina-Adentan footbridges
- Man’s presumed brain tumor miraculously disappears a day before surgery
- B/A: UNDP, COCOBOD train community resource managers
- Today's front pages
- Coach acquitted and discharged over “fingering” a minor
- Wives United in Prayer Newtwork supports blind coconut seller
- Defunct UT Bank chases Woyome for GH¢9.4m debt
- E.P. Church honours Bawumia for his religious tolerance
- GHACCO applauds gov't for promoting clean cooking