Mrs. Francisca Ashietey Odunton, Acting Head of Legal Service of the Ghana Broadcasting Corporation (GBC), has been appointed Deputy Director General of the Ghana Broadcasting Corporation.
A statement from the national Media Commission signed by its Executive Secretary said the appointment of Mrs Francisca Ashietey Odunton was in consultation with President John Mahama.
Below is the full statement
GEORG SARPONG EXECUTIVE SECRETARY
REPUBLIC OF GHANA
Mrs Ashietey-Odunton attended Aburi Girls' Secondary School for both her GCE Ordinary and Advanced Levels certificates. She holds a Bachelor of Arts Degree from the Kwarne Nkrunnah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi; a Master degree from the London School of Economics and Political Science. She is a qualified lawyer and was called to the Bar in 1996.
25th October 2013, NMC APPOINTS DEPUTY DIRECTOR-GENERAL FOR GBC The National Media Commission in consultation with the President of the Republic of Ghana, in consonance with the 1992 Constitution, has appointed Mrs Francisca Ashietey-Odunton as the new Deputy Director-General of the Ghana Broadcasting Corporation for a four-year term, effective November 1, 2013.
She joined GBC in January 1990 as a Senior Production Assistant and served in several capacities in the Newsroom, Producer/Director, Editor, Senior Editor, Assistant Chief Editor and covered major conferences.
in November 2010 she assumed the post of Senior Legal Officer at GBC and until her appointment, Acting Head of Legal Services.
Mrs Aihietey-Odunton has covered many major international conferences including the African Union Summit, Ecowas Summit and World Food Summit.
She has also produced various programmes including Kyekyekule, Children's Own, Adult Education and Country Music. She is married with two children.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- BOST signs Collective Bargaining Agreement with Senior Staff
- Ethiopian Airlines is Africa’s Best Airline for 3rd consecutive year
- Stereotyping Nigerians: High Commissioner was right to caution media
- Judge summons IGP, CID boss as contempt looms
- Sonrise fails to shine as Pope John record first NSMQ win in two years
- A few Nigerians committing crimes in Ghana - Dr Antwi Danso
- Agyenim Boateng blasts CID for arresting Nigerian professor
- No arrests made in fatal Achimota clashes
- CAMFED echos call for more action against teenage pregnancy
- Catholic Bishop wants to drop holy water out of a helicopter in mass exorcism
- From the newsstands: Wednesday, June 19, 2019
- Worldwide displacement tops 70m - UN urges solidarity in response
- ‘Show us this idiot’: Nigerian community wants to meet suspect in missing Taadi girls case
- High court backs NCA’s 45km maximum coverage radius for radio stations
- Black & Abroad founders encourage African Americans to visit their ancestral continent