The police in Yendi have arrested four persons including a teenager, for allegedly playing a role in the murder of the Chief of Salinkuga in the Zabzugu District of the Northern Region.
Naa Sumani Tigu was shot Tuesday night by gunmen and died while being rushed to the hospital in an ambulance.
Salinkuga is a farming community located about eight miles away from the Zabzugu Township.
Reports say the late chief was shot twice in the thigh and one of the bullets went through his abdomen.
It is unclear what the motive may have been for the shooting.
The four suspects in the grip of the police are Musa Alhassan (45), Mohammed Dokurugu (50), Dozo Mahami (25) and Mohammed Nurudeen (18).
A fifth person, Abdulai Mohammed who is said to be the prime suspect is, however, on the run, according to Northern Regional Police Public Relations Officer, ASP Ebenezer Tetteh.
ASP Tetteh told Joy News Wednesday, December 17, 2014, that a search has been mounted for six more suspects.
“We have commenced investigations and we hope to bring them to book,” the PRO indicated.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Send Ghana wants govt to crack whip on School Feeding fraud
- National Chief Imam commends and prays for Joy News' Latif Iddrisu
- School Feeding Coordinator suspended
- Punish heads who use pupils for political activities – Bright Appiah
- Ghana paying too much for Medical Drones Service – Procurement expert
- Fiesta Royale donates to Maternal Unit of Achimota Hospital
- Prempeh College ’98 old boys donate water system to school to mark homecoming anniversary
- Finding natural riches in the world's driest desert
- Full document: Controversial MoH, Zipline medical drone agreement
- Ethiopian Airlines launches services to Manchester
- New book, “Made in Ghana” to be launched Friday
- Zimbabwean nabbed with 7kg cocaine
- “Russia’s most advanced robot” turns out to be man in robot suit
- Newspaper headlines: Thursday, December 13, 2018
- Medical drones: Doctor rebukes govt’s “face-saving”, “propagandist” meeting with GMA