The police in Yendi have arrested four persons including a teenager, for allegedly playing a role in the murder of the Chief of Salinkuga in the Zabzugu District of the Northern Region.
Naa Sumani Tigu was shot Tuesday night by gunmen and died while being rushed to the hospital in an ambulance.
Salinkuga is a farming community located about eight miles away from the Zabzugu Township.
Reports say the late chief was shot twice in the thigh and one of the bullets went through his abdomen.
It is unclear what the motive may have been for the shooting.
The four suspects in the grip of the police are Musa Alhassan (45), Mohammed Dokurugu (50), Dozo Mahami (25) and Mohammed Nurudeen (18).
A fifth person, Abdulai Mohammed who is said to be the prime suspect is, however, on the run, according to Northern Regional Police Public Relations Officer, ASP Ebenezer Tetteh.
ASP Tetteh told Joy News Wednesday, December 17, 2014, that a search has been mounted for six more suspects.
“We have commenced investigations and we hope to bring them to book,” the PRO indicated.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Church bans 'backpacks' over recent terror threat
- Imported arms controversy: ‘Weapons pose security threat’ – Abotsi
- Climate change lessons included in new basic school curriculum
- We have employed 350,000 public sector workers - Veep
- 2 siblings washed away while playing in the rain
- Man charged with reckless driving wants to go to jail than home to wife
- Google launches one-stop shop for flights, hotels
- Baako wants CID boss changed
- 2 Suspected robbers killed in shoot-out with police at Kasoa
- NIA shuts down online portal for Ghana Card registration
- 5 years on; Rawlings, other NDC stalwarts remember PV Obeng
- Abuakwa South MCE urges youth to desist from using illicit drugs
- Who will be Ghana’s next possible IGP? Find out here
- Chinese man gets ten days in jail for giving his dogs “illegal” names
- Geddit Ghana announces winner of maiden promotion