The police in Yendi have arrested four persons including a teenager, for allegedly playing a role in the murder of the Chief of Salinkuga in the Zabzugu District of the Northern Region.
Naa Sumani Tigu was shot Tuesday night by gunmen and died while being rushed to the hospital in an ambulance.
Salinkuga is a farming community located about eight miles away from the Zabzugu Township.
Reports say the late chief was shot twice in the thigh and one of the bullets went through his abdomen.
It is unclear what the motive may have been for the shooting.
The four suspects in the grip of the police are Musa Alhassan (45), Mohammed Dokurugu (50), Dozo Mahami (25) and Mohammed Nurudeen (18).
A fifth person, Abdulai Mohammed who is said to be the prime suspect is, however, on the run, according to Northern Regional Police Public Relations Officer, ASP Ebenezer Tetteh.
ASP Tetteh told Joy News Wednesday, December 17, 2014, that a search has been mounted for six more suspects.
“We have commenced investigations and we hope to bring them to book,” the PRO indicated.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Making Accra cleanest city in Africa by 2020: Akufo-Addo making progress?
- Obuasi alive with clients exhibition, trade show
- SONA 2019: Toilets provision evidence of $1m for each constituency pledge
- Photo of the week: The Rawlings-Akufo-Addo bromance continues
- Gov't announces plans to avert perennial Bagre Dam spillage
- GES to introduce new curricula for next academic year
- SONA 2019: Akufo-Addo breaks silence over Menzgold saga
- SONA 2019: Akufo-Addo announces new curriculum for KG to P6
- SONA 2019: 62nd Independence Day celebrations to be held in Tamale
- SONA 2019: I'm mindful of next generation not next election – Akufo-Addo
- Aggrieved customers of Gold Coast Fund Management threaten demo
- Newspaper headlines: Thursday, February 21, 2019
- Accra gets mechanical street sweepers for heavy traffic roads
- GIJ poised to lead media research in Ghana
- Vegan bride-to-be bans meat eaters from her wedding