Professor Mariama Ewurama Addy, the popular host of the Science and Maths quiz has died at age 72.
A source close to the family told Citi News that Prof. Ewurama Addy died from a short illness on Tuesday morning.
Prof. Addy was the first woman professor of Science from the University of Ghana. She was also a resource person for science education programs in the country.
As the Quiz Mistress of a national weekly science and mathematics quiz program on television, she contributed immensely to science education by making the subject interesting to Ghanaians of all ages.
It is believed that her quiz mistress role inspired many female students to study science.
The late Ewurama Addy launched a book titled “Rewards: An Autobiography” to motivate and inspire the younger generation on the need to become useful role models.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Violence against women: MP charges gov’t to resource DOVVSU
- Send Ghana wants govt to crack whip on School Feeding fraud
- National Chief Imam commends and prays for Joy News' Latif Iddrisu
- School Feeding Coordinator suspended
- Punish heads who use pupils for political activities – Bright Appiah
- Ghana paying too much for Medical Drones Service – Procurement expert
- Fiesta Royale donates to Maternal Unit of Achimota Hospital
- Prempeh College ’98 old boys donate water system to school to mark homecoming anniversary
- Finding natural riches in the world's driest desert
- Full document: Controversial MoH, Zipline medical drone agreement
- Ethiopian Airlines launches services to Manchester
- New book, “Made in Ghana” to be launched Friday
- Zimbabwean nabbed with 7kg cocaine
- “Russia’s most advanced robot” turns out to be man in robot suit
- Newspaper headlines: Thursday, December 13, 2018