Professor Mariama Ewurama Addy, the popular host of the Science and Maths quiz has died at age 72.
A source close to the family told Citi News that Prof. Ewurama Addy died from a short illness on Tuesday morning.
Prof. Addy was the first woman professor of Science from the University of Ghana. She was also a resource person for science education programs in the country.
As the Quiz Mistress of a national weekly science and mathematics quiz program on television, she contributed immensely to science education by making the subject interesting to Ghanaians of all ages.
It is believed that her quiz mistress role inspired many female students to study science.
The late Ewurama Addy launched a book titled “Rewards: An Autobiography” to motivate and inspire the younger generation on the need to become useful role models.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Rawlings congratulates Mamfe Girls robotics team
- Newspaper headlines: Thursday, May 23, 2019
- Krobo-Odumase: Police beef up security following violent anti-PDS protest
- Achimota primary school denies student kidnapping claim
- Couple leave newborn baby in taxi on way home from hospital
- 10 ultimate travel experiences in Africa
- Media, security personnel train in civil-military relations
- Accra International Book Festival hosts South African writer on ‘Catch Up!’
- Year of Return: African diaspora & the significance of their return
- Boy shot dead, scores injured as Odumase protest against PDS
- Twellium Industry donates towards Alajo mosque rehabilitation
- Military officers, security experts get Peace Operations training
- Gov't provides 21 mechanised boreholes to Ghana Prisons Service
- Major Mahama murder trial: Prosecution invites 10th witness
- Special Prosecutor Office becoming butt of a joke – Suhuyini