A former Vice Chancellor of the University of Ghana Prof. Kwadwo Asenso-Okyere has died, the University of Ghana has announced.
A statement released by the University’s Director of Public Affairs Stella A. Amoa on Saturday said he died while on an FAO mission abroad.
“The family of Prof. Kwadwo Asenso-Okyere and the University of Ghana have been informed of the death of Prof. Asenso-Okyere while on an FAO mission outside Ghana,” she said in the statement.
The sad news was broken to the University on Saturday, May 10, 2014 by officials of the FAO Office in Accra, she added.
Prof. Kwadwo Asenso-Okyere was a Vice Chancellor of the University of Ghana from 2002 to 2006.
She noted that both the family and the University of Ghana are deeply saddened by this death.
The University promised further details would be provided as they become available.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Asafo Market on fire again
- The death of Christ is not a myth but a fact – Mensa Otabil
- Ghanaians hail National Chief Imam for joining Easter Service
- Decomposing body of former High Court judge retrieved from residence
- Otumfuo@20: Ya-Na Mahama's arrival blocks Manhyia traffic
- Photos: Thrilling Joy FM Easter Soup Kitchen rounds to a close with thousands in attendance
- Ghanaian scholar appointed 15th President of Millersville University
- Chinese people keep trying to throw metal coins into airplane engines for good luck
- 'Year of return': Hundreds of African-Americans resettle in Ghana
- Ghana Writers’ Conference 2019 opens in December
- In Pictures: Climax of majestic Otumfuo@20 anniversary
- Otumfuo@20: Colourful Asante culture on display as firing of musketry greet patrons
- 2019 Joy FM Easter Soup Kitchen underway
- JoyNews gets result: Maternity centre near completion at Mangotideke
- In pictures: Second inferno wreak havoc at Kumasi market