A former Vice Chancellor of the University of Ghana Prof. Kwadwo Asenso-Okyere has died, the University of Ghana has announced.
A statement released by the University’s Director of Public Affairs Stella A. Amoa on Saturday said he died while on an FAO mission abroad.
“The family of Prof. Kwadwo Asenso-Okyere and the University of Ghana have been informed of the death of Prof. Asenso-Okyere while on an FAO mission outside Ghana,” she said in the statement.
The sad news was broken to the University on Saturday, May 10, 2014 by officials of the FAO Office in Accra, she added.
Prof. Kwadwo Asenso-Okyere was a Vice Chancellor of the University of Ghana from 2002 to 2006.
She noted that both the family and the University of Ghana are deeply saddened by this death.
The University promised further details would be provided as they become available.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Manso-Nkwanta killings: Investigative Committee criticised for “limited scope”
- 12-member Council for GTUC innaugurated
- This Chinese man has taken over 30,000 pills of a cold medicine for 10yrs
- Six perish in gory Techiman-Sunyani road accident
- How to break the barriers to Africa’s travel, tourism business
- Ban manufacture of plastics – GhIE president tells gov’t
- Lecturers without Ph.Ds will soon not teach in Ghana's universities- Education Minister
- Nyansapo Scholarship Programme equipping parents to manage child learning disabilities
- Asiwa police chief shot by robbers discharged from hospital
- Ghana's Phyllis Osei is 2018's UN Female Police Officer
- JoyNews’ Justice Baidoo wins at IFPPAR Health Journalism Awards
- Only 15% of Ghanaians have access to toilet - NGO
- 20 passengers robbed in Ejura
- You can now pay to attend strangers’ weddings in India
- Asempa FM hosts 1st National Dialogue series on Free SHS