Five suspects arrested in connection with the cocaine bust of Nayele Ametefe made a return to the VIP lounge to give officials an idea of how they made use of the facility.
The suspects were accompanied by officials of the BNI and National Security officials.
Selected media personnel were also present but were not allowed to record or take pictures.
Joy News' Dzifa Bampoh who gleaned some information from the return, named the suspects as Nana Akua Amponsah and Sadalia Nuhu, Foreign Ministry officer, Abiel Ashitey Armah, Theophilious Kissi a foreign service officer, and Ahmed Abubakr, a protocol officer at the VIP lounge.
A BNI official who briefed the press said a CCTV camera footage was used to ascertain the identities of the ladies which eventually facilitated the arrest of the suspect.
Narrating the circumstances under which the suspects used the VIP lounge, the BNI official said two weeks ago, on the orders of Mr. Armah the three ladies Nayele, Nana Akua, and Sadalia were brought to the VIP lounge and were taken through the travel and check-in processes by Mr. Kissi and Mr. Abubakr.
Their luggage went through the normal security scans and the ladies were made to go through a scanner. Their hand luggage also went through the scanner.
But the briefing did not address what happened on the tarmac, which is where Nayele claimed she was handed the bag containing the cocaine.
Nayele Ametefe together with her accomplices succeeded in breaching security at the Kotoka International Airport but she was later arrested in the UK.
It is not clear yet how and why the two other ladies returned to Ghana but they were arrested soon after.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Akufo-Addo mourns Ghanaian head of UN Observer Force
- Prof. Nana Aba Appiah Amfo delivers inaugural lecture
- Live in harmony with one another - Bawumia's Easter message
- Easter: Judas teaches us to always go back to God for mercy- Joyce Aryee
- Gov't urged to implement new primary school curriculum from 2020-2021 academic year
- Man trades two cases of beer for 'unicorn' sheep
- Buying a $1 Italy dream house just got even easier
- April Borns Family donates to orphanage
- Aayalolo buses back on the road
- Blame Ghanaians for assisting, protecting Chinese illegal miners - Ambassador
- Video: I would have been a ‘backing singer’ if... - Reveals Emma Morrison
- Contractor terminates 5000 Saglemi housing project, asks for compensation
- CID takes over rape allegation against police officer
- JHS1 pupil drops out of school following pregnancy
- Dr. Adutwum details plan to transform Ghana into 'learning nation'