Five suspects arrested in connection with the cocaine bust of Nayele Ametefe made a return to the VIP lounge to give officials an idea of how they made use of the facility.
The suspects were accompanied by officials of the BNI and National Security officials.
Selected media personnel were also present but were not allowed to record or take pictures.
Joy News' Dzifa Bampoh who gleaned some information from the return, named the suspects as Nana Akua Amponsah and Sadalia Nuhu, Foreign Ministry officer, Abiel Ashitey Armah, Theophilious Kissi a foreign service officer, and Ahmed Abubakr, a protocol officer at the VIP lounge.
A BNI official who briefed the press said a CCTV camera footage was used to ascertain the identities of the ladies which eventually facilitated the arrest of the suspect.
Narrating the circumstances under which the suspects used the VIP lounge, the BNI official said two weeks ago, on the orders of Mr. Armah the three ladies Nayele, Nana Akua, and Sadalia were brought to the VIP lounge and were taken through the travel and check-in processes by Mr. Kissi and Mr. Abubakr.
Their luggage went through the normal security scans and the ladies were made to go through a scanner. Their hand luggage also went through the scanner.
But the briefing did not address what happened on the tarmac, which is where Nayele claimed she was handed the bag containing the cocaine.
Nayele Ametefe together with her accomplices succeeded in breaching security at the Kotoka International Airport but she was later arrested in the UK.
It is not clear yet how and why the two other ladies returned to Ghana but they were arrested soon after.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Menzgold saga: Aggrieved customers disappointed in Akufo-Addo
- Akufo-Addo’s directive on party militia commendable – NCCE
- New education curricula didn’t have our input - NAGRAT
- Ghana's Martha Pobee to review UN resource mobilisation policy
- Making Accra cleanest city in Africa by 2020: Akufo-Addo making progress?
- Obuasi alive with clients exhibition, trade show
- SONA 2019: Toilets provision evidence of $1m for each constituency pledge
- Photo of the week: The Rawlings-Akufo-Addo bromance continues
- Gov't announces plans to avert perennial Bagre Dam spillage
- GES to introduce new curricula for next academic year
- SONA 2019: Akufo-Addo breaks silence over Menzgold saga
- SONA 2019: Akufo-Addo announces new curriculum for KG to P6
- SONA 2019: 62nd Independence Day celebrations to be held in Tamale
- SONA 2019: I'm mindful of next generation not next election – Akufo-Addo
- Aggrieved customers of Gold Coast Fund Management threaten demo