Joy News investigation has uncovered the activities of a gay medical doctor who puts the lives of his victims in danger.
Dr. Sulley Ali-Gabass, a senior medical officer at Effia Nkwanta Regional Hospital in Takoradi, had anal sex with a 16-year-old senior secondary school student who has now been diagnosed of HIV/AIDS.
In the first of a two-part investigative series, Joy News’ Manasseh Azure Awuni tells the story of this sixteen year old boy whose life took a tragic turn after he met Dr. Ali-Gabass.
Aziz, who has been given an alias for the purposes of this report, is a 16 year old boy. A second year student of a senior high school.
He met a man on facebook he took as his role model. In September last year, Aziz met Dr. Sulley Ali-Gabass for the first time where he was convinced into having sex with the doctor.
Aziz says after the first sexual encounter, he got angry with the doctor and deleted his contacts both on facebook and on his phone but the doctor threatened to expose him. He narrated how the doctor blackmailed him and forced him to have sex with him on subsequent occasions.
Aziz says his last sexual encounter with Dr. Ali-Gabass ended with severe cuts and pain in his anus.
But Aziz lied to medical officers at health facilities he visited for treatment. The sores in his anus became so severe he had to undergo surgery at the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital.
A nurse who does not want to be identified said his condition was critical when he came to hospital.
When Manasseh spoke to Aziz on his hospital bed, he could not sit or lie on his back. He was in severe pain.
But the sixteen year-old who wanted to be a pharmacist, has more to worry about than the pain in his anus.
He has tested positive for HIV and he believes he contracted the virus through his sexual encounters with Dr. Ali-Gabass.
Aziz has confided in his mother, but cannot face the consequences of breaking this story to his father.
So who is Dr. Sulley Ali-Gabass? Does he agree or deny these allegations leveled against him? In the second part of this series which will air same time tomorrow on Joy 99.7 FM, Manasseh Azure Awuni will tell you about his meeting with Dr. Sulley Ali-Gabass.
Listen to Manasseh's report below
Have your say
More News Headlines
- BOST signs Collective Bargaining Agreement with Senior Staff
- Ethiopian Airlines is Africa’s Best Airline for 3rd consecutive year
- Stereotyping Nigerians: High Commissioner was right to caution media
- Judge summons IGP, CID boss as contempt looms
- Sonrise fails to shine as Pope John record first NSMQ win in two years
- A few Nigerians committing crimes in Ghana - Dr Antwi Danso
- Agyenim Boateng blasts CID for arresting Nigerian professor
- No arrests made in fatal Achimota clashes
- CAMFED echos call for more action against teenage pregnancy
- Catholic Bishop wants to drop holy water out of a helicopter in mass exorcism
- From the newsstands: Wednesday, June 19, 2019
- Worldwide displacement tops 70m - UN urges solidarity in response
- ‘Show us this idiot’: Nigerian community wants to meet suspect in missing Taadi girls case
- High court backs NCA’s 45km maximum coverage radius for radio stations
- Black & Abroad founders encourage African Americans to visit their ancestral continent