Joy News investigation has uncovered the activities of a gay medical doctor who puts the lives of his victims in danger.
Dr. Sulley Ali-Gabass, a senior medical officer at Effia Nkwanta Regional Hospital in Takoradi, had anal sex with a 16-year-old senior secondary school student who has now been diagnosed of HIV/AIDS.
In the first of a two-part investigative series, Joy News’ Manasseh Azure Awuni tells the story of this sixteen year old boy whose life took a tragic turn after he met Dr. Ali-Gabass.
Aziz, who has been given an alias for the purposes of this report, is a 16 year old boy. A second year student of a senior high school.
He met a man on facebook he took as his role model. In September last year, Aziz met Dr. Sulley Ali-Gabass for the first time where he was convinced into having sex with the doctor.
Aziz says after the first sexual encounter, he got angry with the doctor and deleted his contacts both on facebook and on his phone but the doctor threatened to expose him. He narrated how the doctor blackmailed him and forced him to have sex with him on subsequent occasions.
Aziz says his last sexual encounter with Dr. Ali-Gabass ended with severe cuts and pain in his anus.
But Aziz lied to medical officers at health facilities he visited for treatment. The sores in his anus became so severe he had to undergo surgery at the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital.
A nurse who does not want to be identified said his condition was critical when he came to hospital.
When Manasseh spoke to Aziz on his hospital bed, he could not sit or lie on his back. He was in severe pain.
But the sixteen year-old who wanted to be a pharmacist, has more to worry about than the pain in his anus.
He has tested positive for HIV and he believes he contracted the virus through his sexual encounters with Dr. Ali-Gabass.
Aziz has confided in his mother, but cannot face the consequences of breaking this story to his father.
So who is Dr. Sulley Ali-Gabass? Does he agree or deny these allegations leveled against him? In the second part of this series which will air same time tomorrow on Joy 99.7 FM, Manasseh Azure Awuni will tell you about his meeting with Dr. Sulley Ali-Gabass.
Listen to Manasseh's report below
Have your say
More News Headlines
- NAM1 will be in Ghana upon final determination of Dubai case – Police, EOCO
- Congressman proposes travel ban on Ken Agyapong over Anas' partner killing
- Investigator killing: Time to say enough is enough – Ken Ashigbey
- Photos: Killed undercover investigator buried
- Rev. Korankye Ankrah praises Chief Imam
- Yo-Naa Abubakari Mahama is new Ya Naa-elect
- It's time to nip creeping Fake News challenge in the bud – Oppong Nkrumah
- Ahmed murder an attack on press freedom – US Embassy
- OneGhana Movement wants Kennedy Agyapong prosecuted
- 120 Ghanaian police officers heading to Somalia
- GPHA offers ¢50,000 bounty for killers of PR Manager
- Killing of football bribes investigator a dent on Ghana's democracy -GII
- Nigeria most dangerous country for Christians in West Africa - Report
- Newspaper headlines: Friday, January 18, 2019
- Building cathedral but removing RME from syllabus is hypocrisy – Educationist