Joy News investigation has uncovered the activities of a gay medical doctor who puts the lives of his victims in danger.
Dr. Sulley Ali-Gabass, a senior medical officer at Effia Nkwanta Regional Hospital in Takoradi, had anal sex with a 16-year-old senior secondary school student who has now been diagnosed of HIV/AIDS.
In the first of a two-part investigative series, Joy News’ Manasseh Azure Awuni tells the story of this sixteen year old boy whose life took a tragic turn after he met Dr. Ali-Gabass.
Aziz, who has been given an alias for the purposes of this report, is a 16 year old boy. A second year student of a senior high school.
He met a man on facebook he took as his role model. In September last year, Aziz met Dr. Sulley Ali-Gabass for the first time where he was convinced into having sex with the doctor.
Aziz says after the first sexual encounter, he got angry with the doctor and deleted his contacts both on facebook and on his phone but the doctor threatened to expose him. He narrated how the doctor blackmailed him and forced him to have sex with him on subsequent occasions.
Aziz says his last sexual encounter with Dr. Ali-Gabass ended with severe cuts and pain in his anus.
But Aziz lied to medical officers at health facilities he visited for treatment. The sores in his anus became so severe he had to undergo surgery at the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital.
A nurse who does not want to be identified said his condition was critical when he came to hospital.
When Manasseh spoke to Aziz on his hospital bed, he could not sit or lie on his back. He was in severe pain.
But the sixteen year-old who wanted to be a pharmacist, has more to worry about than the pain in his anus.
He has tested positive for HIV and he believes he contracted the virus through his sexual encounters with Dr. Ali-Gabass.
Aziz has confided in his mother, but cannot face the consequences of breaking this story to his father.
So who is Dr. Sulley Ali-Gabass? Does he agree or deny these allegations leveled against him? In the second part of this series which will air same time tomorrow on Joy 99.7 FM, Manasseh Azure Awuni will tell you about his meeting with Dr. Sulley Ali-Gabass.
Listen to Manasseh's report below
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Swedru Municipal guard, others in assault video remanded
- Twifo Herman: 21 Persons critically injured after heavy downpour
- Adaklu SHS debuts at NSMQ as Abutia SHTS scores -3
- 200 students displaced in Tamale as St. Charles SHS dormitory catches fire
- Akufo-Addo to host state banquet in honour of Asantehene
- Official collusion: Nigerians, Ivorian, others get Ghana birth certs cheaply
- KNUST Lecturer receives L'Oréal-UNESCO award
- Biheco shrugs off MAKSTEC, KRASTEC, in NSMQ qualifiers
- Basic schools in Agona West Municipality observe clean up day
- Black Stars vs Harambees: 15 photos you missed from the Afcon qualifier
- Awake Purified Drinking Water rescues Okwampa, Ayensuako residents from water crisis
- 'If we become an authority, we'll bite' - Road Safety Commission boss
- GRIDCo’s transmission tower in Tema hacked down
- Today's newspaper headlines: Monday, March 25, 2019
- World Water Day: How Nestlé increases access to safe water in Central, West Africa