Mrs Gladys Asmah, a former Minister in the Kufuor administration has died. She was 78.
The former Fisheries Minister died at the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital Tuesday Myjoyonline.com has learnt.
She had been on admission at the hospital for a number of weeks now.
Born on 16 October 1939 in Cape Coast in the Central Region Mrs Gladys Asmah served in a number of positions under the erstwhile Kufuor administration including the Womens and Children ministry.
She was also the Member of Parliament for Takoradi between 1997-2009.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- NAM1 will be in Ghana upon final determination of Dubai case – Police, EOCO
- Congressman proposes travel ban on Ken Agyapong over Anas' partner killing
- Investigator killing: Time to say enough is enough – Ken Ashigbey
- Photos: Killed undercover investigator buried
- Rev. Korankye Ankrah praises Chief Imam
- Yo-Naa Abubakari Mahama is new Ya Naa-elect
- It's time to nip creeping Fake News challenge in the bud – Oppong Nkrumah
- Ahmed murder an attack on press freedom – US Embassy
- OneGhana Movement wants Kennedy Agyapong prosecuted
- 120 Ghanaian police officers heading to Somalia
- GPHA offers ¢50,000 bounty for killers of PR Manager
- Killing of football bribes investigator a dent on Ghana's democracy -GII
- Nigeria most dangerous country for Christians in West Africa - Report
- Newspaper headlines: Friday, January 18, 2019
- Building cathedral but removing RME from syllabus is hypocrisy – Educationist