Mrs Gladys Asmah, a former Minister in the Kufuor administration has died. She was 78.
The former Fisheries Minister died at the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital Tuesday Myjoyonline.com has learnt.
She had been on admission at the hospital for a number of weeks now.
Born on 16 October 1939 in Cape Coast in the Central Region Mrs Gladys Asmah served in a number of positions under the erstwhile Kufuor administration including the Womens and Children ministry.
She was also the Member of Parliament for Takoradi between 1997-2009.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Tourism Ministry bags $40m World Bank loan
- 3 hospitalised after Kumasi gas explosion
- Bimbilla: Security moves to block celebration of Damba festival
- 5 Cape Coast SHSs trained by US chapter of Adisadel Old Boys
- Haunted mirror 'possessed by the ghost of the Titanic captain' up for auction
- Woman who called herself a vampire gets jail time for attacking man she thought was a werewolf
- This hotel room is smaller than a parking space
- 'Police yet to receive directive to interdict 21 officers'
- Solar-Powered Irrigation: A Boost for Farming Productivity
- Today's front pages
- Publish report on Manso-Nkwanta killings – MP demands
- Nutifafa Kuenyehia's address at 2018 School of Humanities congregation
- Manso Nkwata killing: MP calls for prosecution of “murderers” in uniform
- Number of Ghanaians studying in U.S. increases - Study
- Ghanaian named in BBC list of 100 most influential women