22-year-old Anita Otema has lost her left eye while her right hand is also severely burnt from an acid attack on her by her ex-boyfriend.
The skin on Anita's thighs and neck were not spared either in the violent chemical assault on her at her Abeka Lapaz residence.
Anita's thighs, arms and neck also suffered burns from the acid attack
Narrating the gruesome incident to Joy News' Beatrice Adu, the now disfigured lady said her ex-lover's action was motivated by a pastor.
According to Anita Otema, a few days prior to her ordeal, her ex-boyfriend, Kwabena Fosu, known popularly as Abodeman, told her a pastor had revealed to him that she is behind his recurrent ill-health.
Anita explains that Abodeman claimed the pastor had revealed to him that she (Anita) was making money spiritually through his frequent sicknesses.
Angered by this 'spiritual diagnosis' of the cause of his ill-health, Anita's ex-boyfriend walked into the home of his ex-lover at dawn and poured the corrosive chemical on her while she was still deep in sleep.
Anita and her family had apparently been sleeping in the open because the ongoing scheduled blackouts made sleeping indoors uncomfortable.
The Police are yet to arrest 28-year-old Kwabena Fosu.
Meanwhile, the family of the 22 year old lady is currently struggling to raise money to pay for the cost of her reconstructive surgery. Anita says living with the burns at her compound house is unbearable because of the frequent piercing stares from her neighbours.
Doctors say Anita needs about GH¢15,000 for her reconstructive surgery.
The Director of National Reconstructive Plastic Surgery and Burns Centre at the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital, Dr. Opoku Ware Ampomah, has revealed that his outfit receives about eight of such chemical attack cases annually and about 90% percent of victims are women.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- No 'dumsor' on Black Stars match days - PDS
- What it's like to vacation in Iraq
- NSMQ2019 Day 2 wrap: Kumasi derby that broke KASS hearts, kick seeded school out
- Thought-provoking quotes from Joy FM's Super Morning Show
- NaCCA finalizes ‘anti-corruption’ integrity education manual for students
- Former Dep minister's son found dead in Manhattan
- NSMQ2019: 1pt difference as OWASS dumps KASS, OKESS in Kumasi derby
- Photos: Dag Heward-Mills visits Archbishop of Canterbury
- 3 arrested for robbing fetish priest, kidnapping son
- Kindergarten pupil dies after falling in septic tank
- Chinese suspect in banned Rosewood trade re-arrested
- Asantehene destools second chief in a week
- NSMQ2019: How St Ignatius used 'Problem of the Day' to kick out a seeded school
- Pepsodent supports SOS Children Village Founder’s Day
- March to decriminalise marijuana gets EFL support