An NGO has been moved to donate a set of solar lamps to three school children who defied a black-out yesterday to do their homework outdoors - on the stairs of SG-SSB bank's Faanofa Street branch in Accra.
Executive Secretary of "Light A Million Lives", Mel Kwesi Davis told Joy News Michaela Anderson, that after reading the story on myjoyonline.com Tuesday morning, he felt moved by the determination of the kids to study.
He believes that, it is the society's responsibility to help children achieve whatever they set out to do.
The children are currently in school and will be given the solar lamps after the close of classes.
The front premises of SG-SSB Bank on the Faanofa Street in Kokomlemle, adjacent Joy FM, became the new desk and two bulbs outside the new light of three kids, one as young as nine years.
With notebooks sprawled on the floor, they buried their heads in academic work, ignoring the noise from the cluster of generators a few metres away.
With the donation, the children will now be able to study at night, knowing that while Government works to end a power crisis, Light A Million Lives has worked to give them the chance to finish their homework more comfortably using solar-powered lamps.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- #FixLekmaNow: The LEKMA road that kills people seeking medical care
- Bad roads: It's leadership's responsibility to FixLekmaNow - Residents
- #FixLekmaNow: JoyNews, JoyFM storm LEKMA community
- Exploding gas cylinder kills one Chinese, 2 others in critical condition
- Ireland’s most prolific petty criminal racks up conviction number 648
- Newspaper headlines : Thursday, July 18, 2019
- HIV/AIDS prevalence rate in Ghana pegged at 1.69%
- Ghanaian Architects protest multiple gov’t projects awarded to Sir David Adjaye
- You can stay in this giant avocado, dubbed the ‘Avo-Condo’
- President petitioned over David Adjaye contracts
- Factions in deadly Asokore Mampong feud pledge peace
- Form board or face legal action - Institute of Architects gives gov't ultimatum
- Withdraw bill to regulate training of lawyers – Legal practioners, MPs
- Foreign Minister itemises utilisation of $3b China loan
- Ugandan cows 'to get birth certificates'