A police officer has defiled and impregnated a 12-year-old girl.
Lance Corporal Emmanuel Bartels reportedly slept with the girl three times and impregnated her some seven months ago and had in her fathers room.
In an interview with Joy News, the victim said Lance Corporal Bartels was a tenant in his father’s house.
The JHS 1 student said every time her father left for work, the police officer would force himself on her, ignoring her plea for him to stop.
According to her, due to the fear of being beaten, she could not mention the incident to her father.
The victim’s father became suspicious after he noticed some changes in his daughter. He took her to the hospital and test run on her confirmed she was pregnant.
The case was reported to the police but the officer was not arrested, Joy News learnt.
Later on when the case was reported to the Domestic Violence and Victim Support Unit (DOVVSU) the police officer was invited for questioning but he denied the allegations.
DOVVSU also asked the victim to undergo age assessment test because she looked older than her age. When the test was conducted a report was issued with DOVVSU claiming the girl may be 17-years-old.
But the victim said her father is gathering her birth certificate and other school documents to prove that she is indeed 12.
The lawyer and family of the girl will later address a news conference today in an attempt to mount pressure on the Police administration to investigate the matter and bring the officer to book.
Meanwhile, reports making rounds in the media indicate that the said police officer is the Communications Minister’s bodyguard but he has denied the rumuor.
In a WhatsApp message to Joy News Dr. Omane Boamah said “I don’t have a bodyguard. The guy is one of the police officers who guards bungalows on rotational basis”.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Kintampo accident: 35 persons burnt beyond recognition given mass burial
- 2019 Life Walk: ICGC donates ¢200K to Mental Health Authority
- Era of serving without promotion is over - Akufo-Addo tells police
- 'You are our most distinguished alumnus' - Buckingham University VC tells Bawumia
- Ancient Rome's sinful city at the bottom of the sea
- 7 Illegal Chinese miners arrested by ministerial committee
- No conspiracy in law school exams – Akufo-Addo
- Four remanded over kidnapping hairdresser
- Swedru municipal guard in assault case arrested
- Eugene Arhin recognised among 'Most Influential People of African Descent'
- Unemployed man remanded over robbery
- Absence of policy framework on road safety to blame for carnage - Lawyer
- NADMO distributes relief items to Chereponi victims
- Paul lobbied to appear on AWW Commission – Kofi Abotsi reveals
- Baako calls for ‘occasional’ media blacklist of Police Service