The Acting Inspector General of Police John Kudalor has announced a new shake up at the top ranks of the police service.
As many as 29 changes have been made at the top hierarchy of the administration with the changes expected to take effect on December 1, 2015.
The changes follow the announcement of John Kudalor who replaced Mohammed Alhassan as IGP only few weeks ago.
COP Rose Bio Atinga, Director-General/ Administration is now the Director General , Research and Planning at the National Police Headquarters, a statement signed by the IGP, Friday has indicated.
COP David Asante Apeatu who was Director General Research has been moved to the National HQ as Director General ICT.
COP Ransford Ninson who heads the Central Region as Regional Commander has been moved to the National HQ as Director General Administration.
COP Seidu Mohamadu Zakaria who was Director General , hospital now becomes the Director General , Medics at the National Police HQ, Accra.
Director General Public Affairs, DCOP Nenyi Ampah Benin now heads the Police Investigations and Professional Standards Bureau (PIPS), confirming SUP. Cephas Arthur as Director of Public Affairs.
Motor Traffic Department, Director General, DCOP Awuni leaves Accra to become the Eastern Region Commander.
The Regional commanders for Ashanti, Brong Ahafo, Northern, Volta, Western, Upper East and Upper West remain unchanged. However, the Central Region will have a new commander in the person of DCOP Yaagy Akuribah.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Imported arms controversy: ‘Weapons pose security threat’ – Abotsi
- Climate change lessons included in new basic school curriculum
- We have employed 350,000 public sector workers - Veep
- 2 siblings washed away while playing in the rain
- Man charged with reckless driving wants to go to jail than home to wife
- Google launches one-stop shop for flights, hotels
- Baako wants CID boss changed
- 2 Suspected robbers killed in shoot-out with police at Kasoa
- NIA shuts down online portal for Ghana Card registration
- 5 years on; Rawlings, other NDC stalwarts remember PV Obeng
- Abuakwa South MCE urges youth to desist from using illicit drugs
- Who will be Ghana’s next possible IGP? Find out here
- Chinese man gets ten days in jail for giving his dogs “illegal” names
- Geddit Ghana announces winner of maiden promotion
- Zion College, Anloga celebrates 82nd speech and prize giving day