Multimedia's International Correspondent, Jefferson Sackey has received this year's Media Excellence Honors at the Africa Entertainment Awards in Canada.
The Media Excellence Award is an honorary category presented to an African media outfit or individual who excels in projecting Africa positively to the world through media.
His television show, Jefferson Sackey Reports, a current Affairs show on the Joy News Channel on Multi TV has been consistent in telling the stories of African change makers in North America whose works are positively impacting the African continent and beyond. The show which is produced from Canada also takes an in-depth look at major global developments of the week that has a clear African link with emphasis on new ideas and innovative solutions to the continent's toughest problems and how Africa can tap into the positives of other worlds.
The Malta Guinness Africa Rising Ambassador and multiple award winning journalist is known for his international exploits from 2005 when he launched his first television show International Assignment on TV Africa in Ghana. He has since then projected Africa through various international media outlets including CNN, CBC, CTV and DWTV.
Jefferson Sackey received the award alongside Nigerian media mogul Jide Adediran founder of Core Media.
Also honored is Masai Ujiri, the black owner of Toronto Raptors who has become the leading edge of NBA's endeavour to Africa recently visiting his home country Nigeria, Ghana, Rwanda and helped build a basket ball court in Kenya.
African Entertainment Awards, also known as AEA is as an annual award show that recognizes individuals who have positively impacted the African Canadian entertainment industry. It is also aimed at showcasing rich African-Canadian culture, arts and entertainment. This luxurious event features a red carpet gala reception, live entertainment, comedy and an awards ceremony graced by elite guests, celebrities, performing artists and business professionals.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Imported arms controversy: ‘Weapons pose security threat’ – Abotsi
- Climate change lessons included in new basic school curriculum
- We have employed 350,000 public sector workers - Veep
- 2 siblings washed away while playing in the rain
- Man charged with reckless driving wants to go to jail than home to wife
- Google launches one-stop shop for flights, hotels
- Baako wants CID boss changed
- 2 Suspected robbers killed in shoot-out with police at Kasoa
- NIA shuts down online portal for Ghana Card registration
- 5 years on; Rawlings, other NDC stalwarts remember PV Obeng
- Abuakwa South MCE urges youth to desist from using illicit drugs
- Who will be Ghana’s next possible IGP? Find out here
- Chinese man gets ten days in jail for giving his dogs “illegal” names
- Geddit Ghana announces winner of maiden promotion
- Zion College, Anloga celebrates 82nd speech and prize giving day