Multimedia's International Correspondent, Jefferson Sackey has received this year's Media Excellence Honors at the Africa Entertainment Awards in Canada.
The Media Excellence Award is an honorary category presented to an African media outfit or individual who excels in projecting Africa positively to the world through media.
His television show, Jefferson Sackey Reports, a current Affairs show on the Joy News Channel on Multi TV has been consistent in telling the stories of African change makers in North America whose works are positively impacting the African continent and beyond. The show which is produced from Canada also takes an in-depth look at major global developments of the week that has a clear African link with emphasis on new ideas and innovative solutions to the continent's toughest problems and how Africa can tap into the positives of other worlds.
The Malta Guinness Africa Rising Ambassador and multiple award winning journalist is known for his international exploits from 2005 when he launched his first television show International Assignment on TV Africa in Ghana. He has since then projected Africa through various international media outlets including CNN, CBC, CTV and DWTV.
Jefferson Sackey received the award alongside Nigerian media mogul Jide Adediran founder of Core Media.
Also honored is Masai Ujiri, the black owner of Toronto Raptors who has become the leading edge of NBA's endeavour to Africa recently visiting his home country Nigeria, Ghana, Rwanda and helped build a basket ball court in Kenya.
African Entertainment Awards, also known as AEA is as an annual award show that recognizes individuals who have positively impacted the African Canadian entertainment industry. It is also aimed at showcasing rich African-Canadian culture, arts and entertainment. This luxurious event features a red carpet gala reception, live entertainment, comedy and an awards ceremony graced by elite guests, celebrities, performing artists and business professionals.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Violence against women: MP charges gov’t to resource DOVVSU
- Send Ghana wants govt to crack whip on School Feeding fraud
- National Chief Imam commends and prays for Joy News' Latif Iddrisu
- School Feeding Coordinator suspended
- Punish heads who use pupils for political activities – Bright Appiah
- Ghana paying too much for Medical Drones Service – Procurement expert
- Fiesta Royale donates to Maternal Unit of Achimota Hospital
- Prempeh College ’98 old boys donate water system to school to mark homecoming anniversary
- Finding natural riches in the world's driest desert
- Full document: Controversial MoH, Zipline medical drone agreement
- Ethiopian Airlines launches services to Manchester
- New book, “Made in Ghana” to be launched Friday
- Zimbabwean nabbed with 7kg cocaine
- “Russia’s most advanced robot” turns out to be man in robot suit
- Newspaper headlines: Thursday, December 13, 2018