Former President John Agyekum Kufuor has received a laureate award for Leadership and Governance, Thursday.
The ceremony which was organised by the organisation, Diplomatic Call saw the former Ghanaian leader walk home with the prestigious award at the maiden edition of Impact Africa Summit Ghana.
Speaking at the ceremony, Mr Kufuor used the opportunity to stress the relevance of leadership.
He explained the central role of every leader will be to ensure the safety of the world.
According to him, “Humanity is central and that everything else is there as the French man will say liaison for humanity.”
Man has been put in-charge of the planet for a purpose and not for destructive purposes, he said.
To safeguard the planet, he said there will be the need for a high-level partnership and collaboration between governments of the world.
“I believe this is what the whole thing is about and this is why there is a partnership. A partnership of developing and the not-so-developed,” he said.
All of us, he called out, must hold together to do something to save the planet which is the home for all of us.
Eulogizing the importance of effective leadership, the former Ghanaian leaders said: “Without leadership whether in politics; whether in the corporate world; whether in media wherever; and without good leadership that really cares about the sensibility of life. Life here would be lost.”
“Leadership does not fall like ripe fruit from tree down, we need to nurture leadership,” he added.
Impact Africa Summit Ghana is an initiative of the Diplomatic call in partnership with the diplomatic Council, International Perspective, Energy Net UK and the Ghana UK Based Achievement, GUBA Awards.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Making Accra cleanest city in Africa by 2020: Akufo-Addo making progress?
- Obuasi alive with clients exhibition, trade show
- SONA 2019: Toilets provision evidence of $1m for each constituency pledge
- Photo of the week: The Rawlings-Akufo-Addo bromance continues
- Gov't announces plans to avert perennial Bagre Dam spillage
- GES to introduce new curricula for next academic year
- SONA 2019: Akufo-Addo breaks silence over Menzgold saga
- SONA 2019: Akufo-Addo announces new curriculum for KG to P6
- SONA 2019: 62nd Independence Day celebrations to be held in Tamale
- SONA 2019: I'm mindful of next generation not next election – Akufo-Addo
- Aggrieved customers of Gold Coast Fund Management threaten demo
- Newspaper headlines: Thursday, February 21, 2019
- Accra gets mechanical street sweepers for heavy traffic roads
- GIJ poised to lead media research in Ghana
- Vegan bride-to-be bans meat eaters from her wedding