Former President John Agyekum Kufuor has received a laureate award for Leadership and Governance, Thursday.
The ceremony which was organised by the organisation, Diplomatic Call saw the former Ghanaian leader walk home with the prestigious award at the maiden edition of Impact Africa Summit Ghana.
Speaking at the ceremony, Mr Kufuor used the opportunity to stress the relevance of leadership.
He explained the central role of every leader will be to ensure the safety of the world.
According to him, “Humanity is central and that everything else is there as the French man will say liaison for humanity.”
Man has been put in-charge of the planet for a purpose and not for destructive purposes, he said.
To safeguard the planet, he said there will be the need for a high-level partnership and collaboration between governments of the world.
“I believe this is what the whole thing is about and this is why there is a partnership. A partnership of developing and the not-so-developed,” he said.
All of us, he called out, must hold together to do something to save the planet which is the home for all of us.
Eulogizing the importance of effective leadership, the former Ghanaian leaders said: “Without leadership whether in politics; whether in the corporate world; whether in media wherever; and without good leadership that really cares about the sensibility of life. Life here would be lost.”
“Leadership does not fall like ripe fruit from tree down, we need to nurture leadership,” he added.
Impact Africa Summit Ghana is an initiative of the Diplomatic call in partnership with the diplomatic Council, International Perspective, Energy Net UK and the Ghana UK Based Achievement, GUBA Awards.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Church bans 'backpacks' over recent terror threat
- Imported arms controversy: ‘Weapons pose security threat’ – Abotsi
- Climate change lessons included in new basic school curriculum
- We have employed 350,000 public sector workers - Veep
- 2 siblings washed away while playing in the rain
- Man charged with reckless driving wants to go to jail than home to wife
- Google launches one-stop shop for flights, hotels
- Baako wants CID boss changed
- 2 Suspected robbers killed in shoot-out with police at Kasoa
- NIA shuts down online portal for Ghana Card registration
- 5 years on; Rawlings, other NDC stalwarts remember PV Obeng
- Abuakwa South MCE urges youth to desist from using illicit drugs
- Who will be Ghana’s next possible IGP? Find out here
- Chinese man gets ten days in jail for giving his dogs “illegal” names
- Geddit Ghana announces winner of maiden promotion