Torrential rains Thursday morning has left large parts of Accra in terrifying floods.
The 2015 GJA Photojournalist David Andoh has captured 30 scenes at Kwame Nkrumah Circle in Accra where flood waters have brought the city to a standstill.
There is a lingering fear that June 9, 2016 could be a repeat of the deadly June 3 flood disaster.
The road beneath the Circle bridge had submerged and vehicles coming from Ring Road had parked in front of the Busy internet and VAT House. No vehicle could move through the flooded area except for some construction trucks and trailers.
The Obra Spot had its own share of the floods as some commercial vehicles which had been parked at the Teshie-Nungua Station almost submerged.
A Filling station on the opposite side was flooded too and although people were afriad to seek sheter there, they had no other option so they did.
Some good samaritans were helping some people who had been stuck in the floods.
A very tall man had the water level a little beneath his chest and pedestrians who could not pass through looked on while the two went to the rescue of others.
Staff and clients of First African Forex Bureau at Kwame Nkrumah Circle were stuck in the office after rains intensified
Plastic waste covered the surface of the flooods.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Akufo-Addo mourns Ghanaian head of UN Observer Force
- Prof. Nana Aba Appiah Amfo delivers inaugural lecture
- Live in harmony with one another - Bawumia's Easter message
- Easter: Judas teaches us to always go back to God for mercy- Joyce Aryee
- Gov't urged to implement new primary school curriculum from 2020-2021 academic year
- Man trades two cases of beer for 'unicorn' sheep
- Buying a $1 Italy dream house just got even easier
- April Borns Family donates to orphanage
- Aayalolo buses back on the road
- Blame Ghanaians for assisting, protecting Chinese illegal miners - Ambassador
- Video: I would have been a ‘backing singer’ if... - Reveals Emma Morrison
- Contractor terminates 5000 Saglemi housing project, asks for compensation
- CID takes over rape allegation against police officer
- JHS1 pupil drops out of school following pregnancy
- Dr. Adutwum details plan to transform Ghana into 'learning nation'