DON’T BE MERCENARIES – EC BOSS ADVISES JOURNALISTS
Chair person of the Electoral Commission, Charlotte Osei has urged media owners and journalists to resist any attempt to be used as mercenaries in the run up to the December general election.
KNUST GRADUATING FEMALE MEDICAL STUDENT WINS 13 AWARDS
Graduating female medical student of the School of Medicine at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) has Saturday set a record by sweeping 13 of the 15 awards on offer. Dr Fathia Karim broke the exciting school’s record set by male graduate, who won eight awards last year
I’LL RETURN GHANA TO PATH OF PROGRESS – AKUFFO-ADDO
The 2016 presidential candidate of the New Patriotic Party (NPP), Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, has stated that if he is given the mandate, he will return the country onto the path of progress and prosperity.
GHANA’S RETAIL SECTOR – THE SUCCESS STORY SO FAR
According to new research by Euromonitor Intenraitonal Ghana seems to be on track to becoming Africa’s next hot spot for retailers. Ghana has been identified as a country with a positive business environment in which foreign retailers can invest.
BANKS CONFIDENT IN CENTRAL BANK
The management of some Commercial Banks in the country have expressed confidence in the leadership of the Bank of Ghana to steer the industry in the right direction.
BOG TO RULE OVER WHETHER TELCOS CAN DO BANKING
The Central Bank has refused to rule out the possibility of mobile money operators entering into the commercial banking into the commercial banking space amidst concerns from banks about the effects such a move will have on their operations.
TERTIARY EDUCATION SECTOR GROWING…BUT
The latest list of accredited tertiary institutions from the National Accreditation Board (NAB) has reveled that the country’s higher education sector is growing, with about 195 institutions operating currently with accreditation.
SAVE NHIS FROM POLITICS – DOCTOR PLEADS
The National ealtHealth Insurance Scheme (NHIS) can be a game-changer in healthcare delivery but it needs to be saved from the impulses of politicians, who deprive it of funds and temper with its management at will, Dr Wisdom Amegbletor, CEO of privately-owned New Crystal Health Services has said.
ANAS, FINDER EMERGE TOPS AT 21ST GJA AWARDS
Iconic Investigative Journalist, Anas Aremeyaw Anas, and the Editor of The Finder Newspaper, Mr Elvis Darko, grabbed the two most valuable prizes at the 21st annual Ghana Journalists Association (GJA) awards held over the weekend.
RECKLESS MEDIA, THREAT TO STABILITY – EC BOSS
The Chairperson of the EC, Charlotte Osei, has cautioned the media against publishing careless, untrue and inaccurate stories that have the potential to threaten the stability of the country.
NANA ADDO PLEDGES ONE-VILLAGE-ONE-DAM TO BOOST AGRIC
The presidential candidate of the NPP, Nana Akufo-Addo has made yet another promise barely four months to the polls in December, promising to establish one dam in every village in the northern part of the country to boost agriculture through a well-planned irrigation policy.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- March to decriminalise marijuana gets EFL support
- Zongo chief takes on UEW Vice Chancellor over discord at university
- Over 98% of ABFA cash pumped into free SHS in 2018 – Report
- Why you will pay 18.1% more for water
- Multimedia Group's Richard Kwadwo Nyarko selected as Africa fact-checking fellow
- Newspaper headlines: Tuesday, June 25, 2019
- Aggressive seagulls keep couple hostage in their own home for six days
- Video: Meet Sarafina, the 16-year-old anti-child marriage campaigner
- Paris planning flying taxis by 2024
- NSMQ2019 one-eighth stage: Day 1 thrills as KSTS, Porters are sent packing
- Special Feature on 1V1D: Complaints by communities gov’t should not ignore
- Archbishop Porter Girls bundled out of NSMQ2019
- Anas exposes ‘pastor’ allegedly forcing orphan to eat own poop
- Hotline Documentary: Killing our roses (III) – The Aftermath
- NSMQ2019: Presec restores contest to factory setting after R1 loss