British High Commissioner to Ghana, Jon Benjamin, arguably the most controversial diplomat in the country, has completed his service in Ghana and is due for transfer to another diplomatic mission.
UK Foreign Office has announced the appointment of Iain Walker by Her Majesty as the new British High Commissioner to the country.
In a statement published on the UK government website, the appointment of Mr Walker would take effect in August 2017.
Incoming British High Commissioner to Ghana, Iain Walker
The statement added Mr Benjamin would be transferred to another Diplomatic Service appointment.
Jon Benjamin described as an unconventional diplomat has not shied away from participating on Ghanaian conversations and controversies. His favourite target has been controversial founder of the International God's Way International Church, Bishop Daniel Obinim
He also joined Ghana's twitter community to make fun out of trending issues including politics. Last December, Jon Benjamin was forced to delete a tweet suggestively jabbing President John Mahama after it angered sections on social media.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Discharged Andah recounts multiple portions of blessings
- Scientists caution over calls for labelling of GMOs
- FIDO trains Kaneshie market women in Financial & Digital Literacy
- Women scientists must go into politics —Former Presidential Advisor
- Unity Air gets operation certificate
- MTN Ghana holds Customer Outreach Day
- UEW rolls out year-long programme to celebrate 25 years
- 2019 Budget: Finance Minister's 'completed recreational park' at Oda
- 1998 year group of APASS refurbishes school dining hall
- Photo of the week: The Bawumia reminder
- Protest erupts over terrible Hohoe roads
- Public universities deliberately crippling private ones - Prof. Adow Obeng
- Unilever launches livelihood empowerment project for women in Upper West
- Demo in Nsuta after truck driver kills teenager
- Joy News' presenters help free 'arrested' RTI coalition member