Pursuant to Article 76(3) of the Constitution, the President of the Republic, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, has appointed Ambassador Mercy Yvonne Debrah-Karikari as Secretary to the Cabinet, effective February 14, 2017.
She becomes the first woman in Ghana’s history to hold this position.
Ambassador Mercy Yvonne Debrah-Karikari is a career diplomat, and, was until her appointment, Ghana’s High Commissioner to Australia, with concurrent accreditation to New Zealand, Fiji, Papua New Guinea and other countries in the Pacific region.
More News Headlines
- Blame shareholders for job losses in Savings and Loans crash - BoG
- Adom FM editor wins Media Personality award at MTN Heroes of Change
- Video: Two street preachers 'fight' in Kumasi
- The Ghana Grand tour: Celebs join UK High Commissioner for final lap
- Science set inventor, 26yrs, wins MTN Heroes of Change Season V
- African youth propose 'workable' solutions to achieving Africa beyond aid
- 7 busted over bus load of Niger-bound Indian hemp
- Communication gap caused widespread teacher anger over allowance – GES
- Photos: Lukula burns in tit-for-tat attacks in Savanna region
- Paris waiter 'shot dead over slow sandwich service'
- ‘We won’t take it!’ - Widespread teacher anger over ¢50 allowance
- 3 houses burnt down in renewed clashes in Savannah Region
- Video: Cronyism, exceptionalism killing local financial institutions - Wereko-Brobby
- New monitoring, evaluation system rolled out for malaria control programme
- Communication Ministry responds to Myjoyonline report on 2017 expenses