President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has appointed Agyenim Boateng Agyei as Chief Executive Officer of the Public Procurement Authority.
A statement dated March 7, 2017, announcing the appointment does not state when it will take effect, but says the president took the decision in consultation with the Public Services Commission.
PROFILE OF AGYENIM BOATENG ADJEI
Agyenim Boateng Adjei currently the Managing Consultant of ABM Consult, a Procurement and Supply Chain Management Consultancy, is a seasoned procurement specialist.
Mr Adjei was the first Chief Executive Officer of the Public Procurement Authority of Ghana. Among his many accomplishments, he was able to pioneer the affairs of the Public Procurement Authority to attain international recognition among donors and most International Financial Institutions.
He is a well-known face at International Procurement Conferences and Workshops and has contributed immensely to the development of Public Procurement especially in capacity building, procurement evaluation and monitoring at home and abroad.
He was an active member of the OECD Taskforce on Procurement and contributed significantly to the development of the current version 4 of the OECD Assessment Methodology.
He has prepared and presented several papers at international seminars, workshops and conferences on procurement, in Europe, Asia, South America and several African countries.
Mr. Adjei holds a Master of Law Degree in Procurement Law and Policy from Nottingham University, UK and another Master of Science Degree in Logistics and Transportation from Cranfield University also in the UK. He holds a Post Graduate Diploma in Purchasing and Supply from West Bromwich College of Science and technology, UK.
In addition to his Masters and Postgraduate Diploma, Mr. Adjei also holds a certificate in Works Procurement Management from Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA) and another certificate in International Project Procurement and Contract Negotiation from the International Law Institute, a Legal Center of Excellence, Kampala- Uganda.
He is a Chartered member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply and the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport all in UK.
Mr. Adjei’s professional working experience spans from his days as a Lecturer at Sokoto State, Nigeria. Prior to working with Ghana Water Company as the Chief Manager - Materials, he was the Supplies Manager for the State Gold Mining Corporation and later Goldfields Ghana limited, where he was responsible for the total procurement and supply chain management functions.
Below is a copy of the letter
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Photos: Killed undercover investigator buried
- Rev. Korankye Ankrah praises Chief Imam
- Yo-Naa Abubakari Mahama is new Ya Naa-elect
- It's time to nip creeping Fake News challenge in the bud – Oppong Nkrumah
- Ahmed murder an attack on press freedom – US Embassy
- OneGhana Movement wants Kennedy Agyapong prosecuted
- 120 Ghanaian police officers heading to Somalia
- GPHA offers ¢50,000 bounty for killers of PR Manager
- Killing of football bribes investigator a dent on Ghana's democracy -GII
- Nigeria most dangerous country for Christians in West Africa - Report
- Newspaper headlines: Friday, January 18, 2019
- Building cathedral but removing RME from syllabus is hypocrisy – Educationist
- Pennsylvania police seek volunteers to get drunk for training exercise
- Wave of killings 'threaten right to life, liberty of Ghanaians' -- Amnesty Int'l
- The world's secret club of explorers