Abuakwa State College, the oldest secondary school in the Eastern Region, will launch its 80th Anniversary on May 25.
The event scheduled to take place at the GNAT Hall in Accra is under the Anniversary theme: ‘Abusco at 80, Providing Quality Education through Discipline and Hard work for Academic Excellence.’
The programme will bring together school authorities, the school’s alumni association, students, traditional rulers and Member of Parliament of the area, Samuel Atta Akyea.
The guest speaker for the event is former Deputy Director General at the Centre for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), Professor Alfred Oteng-Yeboah.
The launch will be chaired by Board Chairman of Starlife Assurance, Frank Oppong-Yeboah.
Abuakwa State College traces its root to a 1936 decision by three elders of Methodist Church of Asafo-Akyem to put up an Upper School for the church. They consulted one Fred Adae who was then teaching at Mfantsipim School in the Central Region to spearhead the project.
The four later conferred with the then Okyenhene, Nana Seth Ofori Attah who gave his royal assent for the project to commence. The permanent site for the school was opened in 1940.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Making Accra cleanest city in Africa by 2020: Akufo-Addo making progress?
- Obuasi alive with clients exhibition, trade show
- SONA 2019: Toilets provision evidence of $1m for each constituency pledge
- Photo of the week: The Rawlings-Akufo-Addo bromance continues
- Gov't announces plans to avert perennial Bagre Dam spillage
- GES to introduce new curricula for next academic year
- SONA 2019: Akufo-Addo breaks silence over Menzgold saga
- SONA 2019: Akufo-Addo announces new curriculum for KG to P6
- SONA 2019: 62nd Independence Day celebrations to be held in Tamale
- SONA 2019: I'm mindful of next generation not next election – Akufo-Addo
- Aggrieved customers of Gold Coast Fund Management threaten demo
- Newspaper headlines: Thursday, February 21, 2019
- Accra gets mechanical street sweepers for heavy traffic roads
- GIJ poised to lead media research in Ghana
- Vegan bride-to-be bans meat eaters from her wedding