Abuakwa State College, the oldest secondary school in the Eastern Region, will launch its 80th Anniversary on May 25.
The event scheduled to take place at the GNAT Hall in Accra is under the Anniversary theme: ‘Abusco at 80, Providing Quality Education through Discipline and Hard work for Academic Excellence.’
The programme will bring together school authorities, the school’s alumni association, students, traditional rulers and Member of Parliament of the area, Samuel Atta Akyea.
The guest speaker for the event is former Deputy Director General at the Centre for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), Professor Alfred Oteng-Yeboah.
The launch will be chaired by Board Chairman of Starlife Assurance, Frank Oppong-Yeboah.
Abuakwa State College traces its root to a 1936 decision by three elders of Methodist Church of Asafo-Akyem to put up an Upper School for the church. They consulted one Fred Adae who was then teaching at Mfantsipim School in the Central Region to spearhead the project.
The four later conferred with the then Okyenhene, Nana Seth Ofori Attah who gave his royal assent for the project to commence. The permanent site for the school was opened in 1940.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Violence against women: MP charges gov’t to resource DOVVSU
- Send Ghana wants govt to crack whip on School Feeding fraud
- National Chief Imam commends and prays for Joy News' Latif Iddrisu
- School Feeding Coordinator suspended
- Punish heads who use pupils for political activities – Bright Appiah
- Ghana paying too much for Medical Drones Service – Procurement expert
- Fiesta Royale donates to Maternal Unit of Achimota Hospital
- Prempeh College ’98 old boys donate water system to school to mark homecoming anniversary
- Finding natural riches in the world's driest desert
- Full document: Controversial MoH, Zipline medical drone agreement
- Ethiopian Airlines launches services to Manchester
- New book, “Made in Ghana” to be launched Friday
- Zimbabwean nabbed with 7kg cocaine
- “Russia’s most advanced robot” turns out to be man in robot suit
- Newspaper headlines: Thursday, December 13, 2018