Former Attorney General Martin Amidu has back down on his desire to orally examine businessman Alfred Woyome over the GHC51 million judgment debt paid him by the state.
The anti-corruption campaigner who had filed a case in the Supreme Court seeking permission to interrogate the embattled businessman, told the court Wednesday that he was no longer interested in the case.
He explained he believes the Akufo-Addo-led administration will retrieve the state money which was wrongfully paid Woyome in judgement debt.
The single Supreme Court judge Justice Anin Yeboah who is hearing the case has therefore struck out the suit, Starr News’ Wilberforce Asare reported from court.
Mr. Amidu’s application became necessary after the Attorney-General, Marietta Brew Appiah-Opong filed processes to discontinue with her own application for an oral examination of the businessman.
The court in its ruling read by Justice Anin Yeboah said the amount in contention was colossal and no serious effort hand been made to retrieve it since a Judgment was delivered two years ago ordering the retrieval of the money.
According to the court, Mr. Amidu is not retrieving the money for himself but for the State. Alfred Agbesi Woyome was ordered to appear for examination on November, 24, 2016.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Kweku Adoboli welcomed home with 'family party'
- Couple who can’t smile because of rare condition fall in love after meeting online
- 35% tax on 10k income earners scrapped
- Private sector jobs hits 208,620 in 2018
- Gov't to provide seed money for National Cathedral - Ofori-Atta
- 2019 Budget: 50-yr 'dead' rail sector will be alive next year - Finance Minister
- Education Ministry promises major facelift for technical universities
- STAR-Ghana Foundation launched to promote active citizenship
- One Stop Center an advantage for abused children - World Future Council
- Update: The Finder editor released
- Juaben Traditional Council hands over 2 flats to police
- 'We don’t care about 2019 budget' – Spare parts dealers
- The Royal Express luxury train is the best way to see Japan
- Reverse Pinocchio – Researchers find that your nose shrinks when you lie
- Today's front pages