The handbag of the Quiz Mistress for the 2017 National Maths and Science Quiz has been stolen.
Dr. Elsie Effah Kaufmann's black silk handbag with a red zip contained her car keys, ID cards, keys to room, cash and other valuables.
The theft is believed to have happened after fans crowded the stage to celebrate Prempeh College's victory in the 2017 grand finale.
The senior lecturer at the University of Ghana has declined to speak to the media.
But the incident mars an otherwise pulsating event which saw defending champions Adisadel College surrender their 2016 trophy to Prempeh College.
A gritty performance and a late comeback from St. Thomas Aquinas stalled at the very final riddle as they missed the correct answer to gift the trophy to Prempeh College.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Joy News' presenters help free 'arrested' RTI coalition member
- MTN Heroes of Change season 5 launched
- Kweku Adoboli welcomed home with 'family party'
- Couple who can’t smile because of rare condition fall in love after meeting online
- 35% tax on 10k income earners scrapped
- Private sector jobs hits 208,620 in 2018
- Gov't to provide seed money for National Cathedral - Ofori-Atta
- 2019 Budget: 50-yr 'dead' rail sector will be alive next year - Finance Minister
- Education Ministry promises major facelift for technical universities
- STAR-Ghana Foundation launched to promote active citizenship
- One Stop Center an advantage for abused children - World Future Council
- Update: The Finder editor released
- Juaben Traditional Council hands over 2 flats to police
- 'We don’t care about 2019 budget' – Spare parts dealers
- The Royal Express luxury train is the best way to see Japan