The #SaveThemNow fundraising event jointly held by The Multimedia Group and the First Lady, Mrs Rebecca Akufo-Addo to save babies and mothers at the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital (KATH) received a massive support from individuals and companies.
The event which is targeted at raising an initial GHS10 million to put up a new Mother and Baby Unit for the largest hospital in the Ashanti Region, as well as other referral hospitals, saw companies such as GHACEM, producers of cement, and Promasidor manufacturers of cowbell donating money and other items.
So far, the event spurred on by complications mothers and their newborn babies face at the Mother and Baby Unit at KATH, raised GHS 7,695,444 in cash, cheques and pledges.
Some of the companies/individuals who supported the campaign include:
(a) One Foreign mission which doesn't wish to be mentioned donated 3.5 million cedis.
(b) Another Embassy in Ghana donated $500,000
(c) Ghacem promised to supply all the cement needed to execute the project.
(d) Ghana Lotteries Authority which gave GHS20,000 and pledged to give GHS200,000 more
(e) Interplast Ghana gave GHS25,000 in cash and GHS75,000 worth of pipes and paints
(f) Gloria Bartels gave GHS20,000
(g) Apostle Kwadwo Safo gave GHS30,000
(h) GOIL gave GHS250,000
(i) GHAPOHA gave GHS300,000
(j) ZONTA Ladies gave GHS20,000
(k) Unilever Ghana gave GHS50,000
(l) Tony Oteng Gyasi gave GHS25,000
(m) GHACEM promised to provide cement for the project.
(n) Perez Chapel gave GHS10,000.
(o) Dr and Mrs Dufuor - GHS50,000
A full list of donors will be published later.
Below are some pictures from the event.
First Lady, Rebecca Akufo-Addo
Second Lady, Samira Bawumia
President of Action Chapel, Archbishop Duncan William in handshake with a foreign envoy
More News Headlines
- 3 houses burnt down in renewed clashes in Savannah Region
- Video: Cronyism, exceptionalism killing local financial institutions - Wereko-Brobby
- New monitoring, evaluation system rolled out for malaria control programme
- Communication Ministry responds to Myjoyonline report on 2017 expenses
- 2 'PDS' imposters arrested for forcefully disconnecting supply
- Journalists schooled on reporting on sensitive issues
- Ghana Grand conquers most difficult terrain
- Personality Profile: Prophet Kofi Oduro takes his turn
- Group calls for passage of Affirmative Action Bill
- We don’t oppose good education policies- Oppong Nkrumah
- Those who lost bank jobs have found new work- Deputy Employment Minister
- UNDP to use TICAD7 to advance sustainable development in Africa
- Former GJA president lauds Herbert Mensah, others for supporting journalism dev’t
- Hotel room rates in Accra ranked 2nd in Africa after Addis Ababa
- MTN Heroes of Change final slated for Friday