The Tema Community Four Central Assemblies of God Church pastor has been stabbed to death.
Rev. David Nabegmado according to an eyewitness was stabbed multiple times at the church premises by an unknown assailant who was dressed in a suit.
The eyewitness who is also a member of the church told Myjoyonline.com the pastor was in his office getting ready for Sunday’s service when the attacker pounced on him.
He was rushed to the hospital but unfortunately succumbed to his stab wounds before he could be attended to.
Photo: Suspect in a police vehicle
The perpetrator of the crime was pursued by some members of the community and accosted after he attempted to escape in a taxi.
He is currently in police custody.
According to the eyewitness the service was held anyway but members of the church are distraught.
None of them knew the assailant and they are shocked that such a thing took place in the House of God.
Video: The scene at the church when the suspect was arrested
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Sandwinners destroying water source for Asutsuare residents
- Methodist Church Ghana won't support same-sex marriage
- Gov't to establish permanent body to protect, ensure media freedom
- Advocacy group applauds NaCCA boss
- Germany, Norway support KAIPTC’s maiden Kofi Annan Peace and Security Forum
- Gov't reiterates commitment to protecting journalists
- Left to rot: $2m Hyundai Gallopers sold for $276k
- Anti-GMO groups to call foreign witnesses in GMO court case
- Adjaye refutes architects’ allegation - Says firm is doing legitimate business
- Newspaper headlines : Friday, July 19, 2019
- Teachers urged to encourage students to excel
- Police open investigation into fatal Akrokerri mine pit collapse
- TUC backs plan to restructure NIB, ADB
- Forestry Commission bans hunting, capturing of wild animals
- MTN Heroes of Change 2019: Meet the Ekumfi man putting books on library shelves