Embattled gold dealership firm, Menzgold Ghana Limited, has asked its staff to proceed on leave effective Monday, December 10.
The company said it arrived at the decision as a result of unceasing threats to its properties as well as staff of the company.
In a statement dated December 4, the gold dealership firm said the staff should return to work on December 20 “when all outstanding entitlements, including end of year packages, shall be fully disbursed”.
“All branch managers are hence transferred temporarily to the head office; Dzorwulu, Accra, effective Monday, December 10, 2018,” the statement said.
It added that all staff should remain calm and be assured that Menzgold shall endeavour to assure their job security.
The statement added that it has been advised by the authorities to halt its online trading [just as the offline one] to enable the authorities to assess the system and present a final say to the public and the company.
CEO of Menzgold, Nana Appiah Mensah
“To this end all the 5% migration fees received shall be reimbursed fully to customers from Monday, December 10 to Friday, December 15, 2018,” the statement added.
According to the statement, the date of their end of year durbar will be communicated to the staff where the Chief Executive, Nana Appiah Mensah, will address the staff.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Masterclass modeling event slated for Dec 22
- IMANI: On Drones, GHS boss, Dr. Nsiah-Asare is very Confused
- Kwaku Azar wants Audit Service Board scrapped
- NR security moves to calm tension in Dagbon
- Tremor in Accra: Fault lines active, prepare for earthquakes- Geological Service warns
- MAXMASS donates furniture to Tarkwa Senior High School
- Afrobarometer leaders receive Distinguished Africanist awards
- Drone Saga: Health Service boss discredits IMANI figures
- Video: We are not buying drones; GHS boss hits back at Minority
- 6 Menzgold customers arrested over invasion, violence
- Atwima Kwanwoma Rural Bank support farmers in four districts
- Process&Plant, Chint donate solar plant to Ghana Institution of Engineering
- Alliance for Science pushes for passage of Plant Breeders Bill into law
- Two arrested for attempting to cast spell on Akufo-Addo
- 60-year-old graduate is 2018 National Best Farmer