Embattled gold dealership firm, Menzgold Ghana Limited, has asked its staff to proceed on leave effective Monday, December 10.
The company said it arrived at the decision as a result of unceasing threats to its properties as well as staff of the company.
In a statement dated December 4, the gold dealership firm said the staff should return to work on December 20 “when all outstanding entitlements, including end of year packages, shall be fully disbursed”.
“All branch managers are hence transferred temporarily to the head office; Dzorwulu, Accra, effective Monday, December 10, 2018,” the statement said.
It added that all staff should remain calm and be assured that Menzgold shall endeavour to assure their job security.
The statement added that it has been advised by the authorities to halt its online trading [just as the offline one] to enable the authorities to assess the system and present a final say to the public and the company.
CEO of Menzgold, Nana Appiah Mensah
“To this end all the 5% migration fees received shall be reimbursed fully to customers from Monday, December 10 to Friday, December 15, 2018,” the statement added.
According to the statement, the date of their end of year durbar will be communicated to the staff where the Chief Executive, Nana Appiah Mensah, will address the staff.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Short Commission: Police testimonies show breakdown in command, control – Bentil
- Manhyia widows praise Opoku-Prempeh
- Luxury car owners, others to protest tax
- This company will confess to your crush if you’re too shy to do it yourself
- Karen Halm hosts students to celebrate Day of Women and Girls in Science
- Kasapreko and partners commission 400KWp solar plant
- EOCO, Police destroy unwholesome turkey at Kpone landfill site
- Police Commander was 'sidelined' in bloody by-election in his district
- Used ladies underwear, pads, hot cakes for money rituals
- NPA to collaborate with Navy to fight fuel smugglers
- Court punishes ICGC, Cross Road Ministries branches, over excessive noise-making
- EC received no briefing from police on operational plans – Jean Mensa reveals
- Short Commission’s day one sitting has given hope – Aning
- Akufo-Addo’s Lancing College recruits Ghanaian students
- New board of ECOWAS Brown Card scheme promises improved service