The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Public Procurement Authority (PPA) AB Adjei has been elected as an Executive Member of the African Public Procurement Network.
Mr. AB Adjei was elected to represent the West African Block on the Executive Committee to promote best practices in the area of Electronic and Sustainable Public Procurement as well as the mainstreaming of Public-Private Partnerships as a business model to promote our development agenda.
His election took place at the capital city of Togo, Lome where public procurement experts and practitioners from forty-five nations in Africa as well as representatives from development agencies like the World Bank, Africa Development Bank and others, were gathered for the creation of the much-awaited Network of African Experts and Practitioners.
The Meeting of African Network of Experts and Practitioners in Public Procurement seeks to be a source of proposals and lobby to mobilise stakeholders, promote information exchange, share experiences and start the second generation of public procurement reforms focused on the sustainable development.
The meeting which was a follow-up to the Johannesburg Accord made in April, 2017 also sought to encourage the harmonization and effective implementation of methodologies of public procurement practices across the continent for possible adaption of our country/regional public procurement systems by our development partners.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Photos of some new SHS facilities to tackle over-crowding
- Awaso Mines vandals will face the law — Minister
- UEW sacks Nigerian professor for misconduct, unsavoury comment
- Traders demand enforcement of laws against foreigners in retail business
- Landlady fined ¢2,400 after tenants poured garbage in rain
- Journalists must probe Auditor General’s report - Samson Lardy
- Ola faces early exit as Edinaman puts up heated NSMQ performance
- Newspaper headlines: Thursday, June 20, 2019
- DVLA, Guinness Ghana roll out new module to check drunk driving
- Tema: One person feared dead after loaded truck runs into wall
- Man ordered to compensate ex-wife for 27 years of house chores
- ACEP cautions PURC over delay to release new power tariffs
- A sleepy island paradise's most showstopping sights
- Int’l environmental organisations join opposition to mine in Atewa forest
- Ga West Municipal Assembly auctions 4 "arrested" goats for ¢665