Police in Kumasi have arrested two key suspects in the murder of a final- year student of the Effiduase Senior High Commercial School [EFFISCO] in the Ashanti Region.
They are 22-year old Emmanuel Otu, alias Linking, and 20 –year old Emmanuel Agyekum, also known as Essien.
The two, who were arrested at their hideouts at Feyiase, in the Bosomtwe District, revealed they have had sleepless nights since they committed the crime in September.
They confessed to attempting to travel outside the country but have been restrained by the alleged ghost of their victim which they claimed has been giving them sleepless nights.
Effiduase District Commander, Superintendent Asare Bediako told Nhyira FM the two in their caution statement to police indicated they were being haunted by ghost of the of the former Business student of EFFISCO they allegedly killed.
"We [police] don't believe in spiritualism but according to them, they were always haunted by the ghost of the young man [ Derrick Agyei]. They wanted to go out of the country but the man was asking them to come back and hand themselves to the police. That's what we had from them," Supt. Asare Bediako said.
He added: "This cannot be considered in court but it's a way of telling a story, we can say that maybe the ghost played a role because, from their own mouths, they said it that they wanted to run away but they were always under pressure from the ghost of the deceased to come and report themselves."
More News Headlines
- Blame shareholders for job losses in Savings and Loans crash - BoG
- Adom FM editor wins Media Personality award at MTN Heroes of Change
- Video: Two street preachers 'fight' in Kumasi
- The Ghana Grand tour: Celebs join UK High Commissioner for final lap
- Science set inventor, 26yrs, wins MTN Heroes of Change Season V
- African youth propose 'workable' solutions to achieving Africa beyond aid
- 7 busted over bus load of Niger-bound Indian hemp
- Communication gap caused widespread teacher anger over allowance – GES
- Photos: Lukula burns in tit-for-tat attacks in Savanna region
- Paris waiter 'shot dead over slow sandwich service'
- ‘We won’t take it!’ - Widespread teacher anger over ¢50 allowance
- 3 houses burnt down in renewed clashes in Savannah Region
- Video: Cronyism, exceptionalism killing local financial institutions - Wereko-Brobby
- New monitoring, evaluation system rolled out for malaria control programme
- Communication Ministry responds to Myjoyonline report on 2017 expenses