Ogilvy has emerged triumphant in the global PR industry’s prestigious SABRE Awards for the Africa Region, with Ogilvy offices capturing 43% of all trophies awarded.
The SABRE Awards are the world's largest PR awards programme, recognising superior achievement in branding and reputation in North America, EMEA, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, South Asia and Africa.
The pan-African Ogilvy network carried the day by winning a total of 17 awards for Ghana, Kenya and the South Africa offices for the SABRE Awards Africa.
“2018 was a remarkable year for us and our clients because the communication landscape has become very dynamic. These awards symbolize that we are moving with the times and our integrated communications approach is helping us solve our clients’ most pressing business challenges while reaching our targeted audiences through ideas that grab earned media and influence, to build brands that matter,” said Mr Mathieu Plassard, CEO, Ogilvy Africa.
“Over the last years, in line with our integrated approach, we have assembled teams that deliver effective communication work for our clients in line with growing demand for strategic communication in an earned media world,” said Plassard.
A total of five awards were presented to Ogilvy Ghana - two (2) wins for Integrated Marketing, and Mining and Extractive industries and three (3) Certificates of Excellence and,
Integrated Marketing (Winner) - Ghanaians Against Child Abuse (GACA) — UNICEF and Government of Ghana
Mining and Extractive Industries (Winner) – Kosmos Innovation Center (Global and Ghana) — Kosmos Energy Ltd with Ogilvy Ghana
Food and Beverage (Certificate of Excellence) - Coca-Cola World Cup Campaign (Ghana & Nigeria) — Coca-Cola West Africa Business Unit
Corporate Image (Certificate of Excellence) – Kosmos Innovation Center (Global and Ghana) — Kosmos Energy Ltd
Mining and Extractive Industries (Certificate of Excellence) - Gold Fields 25TH Anniversary 2018 — Gold Fields Ghana Ltd with Ogilvy Ghana
In addition, Ogilvy Ghana has secured a prestigious finalists’ spot in the 2019 Platinum Sabre Award for Best in Show for the GACA campaign.
In total, 37 SABRE trophies will be presented to African campaigns this year in Kigali, Rwanda on May 16th 2019.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Third complaint against Sir David Adjaye over multiple contracts
- Christian family refuses to pay income taxes because it “goes against God’s will”
- Woman, 34, murdered in Agona Swedru
- Parliament approves conversion of UDS Wa campus into University
- 43-year-old mechanic jailed 5 years for beating up police officers
- Photo of the Week: When 'abnormal' indecent exposure becomes 'normal'
- KAIPTC to host flagship peace, security forum to honour late Kofi Annan
- Video: Presec students create App to track exeats
- Public Procurement Authority receives top award in Berlin
- L’AINE Services ends career clinic in Tamale
- Court to hear stay of proceedings motion filed by Dr Opuni
- Mahama murder trial: Court orders BNI to give suspect more time with lawyer
- Failed nurse jailed 22 months for faking documents
- The LEKMA road that kills people seeking medical care
- Bad roads: It's leadership's responsibility to FixLekmaNow - Residents