Vice President Dr Mahamudu Bawumia on Friday joined the National Chief Imam and fellow Muslims at the Central Mosque in Abossey Okai for Jummah and a special thanksgiving prayer.
The special thanksgiving prayer was to thank the Allah for the blessings bestowed on Sheikh Osman Nuhu Sharubutu, who turns 100 on Tuesday, April 23.
After the weekly congregational Jummah prayer, the Chief Imam led the thanksgiving duas, and gave glory to his maker for his life as well as the continuous peace granted Ghanaians.
He also prayed for the prosperity of the country, as well as for Allah to grant the leadership of this country more wisdom to steer the affairs of the nation.
The congregation including the Vice President Bawumia thanked Allah for granting the Chief Imam long life, good health and wisdom.
They also prayed for Allah to continue to grant the National Chief Imam good health so that the country would continue to benefit from his invaluable advice and guidance.
The thanksgiving prayer formally starts a series of programs lined up for the commemoration of the centenary celebrations of Sheikh Osman Nuhu Sharubutu.
On the morning of his birthday, a public lecture will be held in his honour in Accra and the keynote speaker will be Dr. Mohammed Ibn Chambas, United Nations General Secretary's Special Representative for West Africa and the Sahel.
He will speak on the theme "Advancement of modern Ghanaian society through peace, tolerance and development."
The special guest for the lecture is Vice President Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia with a number of national leaders, including some former Presidents, also expected to attend.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- ‘Galamsey’-induced water crisis spreads through Cape Coast
- Security Warehouse wins Outstanding Electronic Security Company in West Africa
- Church leaders must ensure security on church premises - Opuni-Frimpong
- Let's fight poverty not each other - Bawumia calls for peace in Chereponi
- 3 persons jailed for receiving stolen items
- Self-styled journalist charged for fraud
- UN chief deplores lack of civilian protection in armed conflict
- Freedom of worship is not complete in Ghana - Abotsi
- Let's develop national character for sustainable good governance - Rawlings
- MTN Heroes of Change Season 5 10 finalists named
- Photos: Careguide Montessori School marks AU Day
- PDS waives over ¢100m for Krobo Odumase residents
- Photos: Articulated truck tumbles on the Kwame Nkrumah Overhead
- Ghanaian scientist, Prof. Torto awarded Agropolis Louis Malassis Prize
- The Odumase bill that has led to a kill