Thousands troop to the Garden City, Kumasi, to take part in the climax of the 20th-anniversary celebration of the Asantehene, Otumfuo Osei Tutu II.
The colourful ceremony has attracted dignitaries from Ghana and abroad.
Among the Ghanaian dignitaries at the event on Sunday include the Speaker of Parliament, Prof Mike Ocquaye and his family; Chief justice, Sofia Akuffo and an entourage of judicial staff and former presidents, J.J. Rawlings, John Agyekum Kufuor and John Mahama.
Also, the former Nigerian President and AU Chairperson, Olusegun Obasanjo, is among top African dignitaries at the grandeur event.
Diplomats and royals from Namibia, Kuwait, Germany, China, Morocco, Latvia, Botswana and Palestine have all converged at the Garden City to mark the grand occasion.
Below are some random shots of today’s grand celebration.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- March to decriminalise marijuana gets EFL support
- Zongo chief takes on UEW Vice Chancellor over discord at university
- Over 98% of ABFA cash pumped into free SHS in 2018 – Report
- Why you will pay 18.1% more for water
- Multimedia Group's Richard Kwadwo Nyarko selected as Africa fact-checking fellow
- Newspaper headlines: Tuesday, June 25, 2019
- Aggressive seagulls keep couple hostage in their own home for six days
- Video: Meet Sarafina, the 16-year-old anti-child marriage campaigner
- Paris planning flying taxis by 2024
- NSMQ2019 one-eighth stage: Day 1 thrills as KSTS, Porters are sent packing
- Special Feature on 1V1D: Complaints by communities gov’t should not ignore
- Archbishop Porter Girls bundled out of NSMQ2019
- Anas exposes ‘pastor’ allegedly forcing orphan to eat own poop
- Hotline Documentary: Killing our roses (III) – The Aftermath
- NSMQ2019: Presec restores contest to factory setting after R1 loss