A market fire has destroyed properties in Kumasi once again, this time wreaking havoc at the popular Asafo Market.
On Friday, a similar fire incident destroyed stalls and other properties at the ‘Doctor Mensah’ section of the Kumasi Central Market.
The Asafo Market fire struck on Saturday, razing shops and leaving affected traders helpless as they count their loses.
Market fires are fairly common in the Kumasi metropolis.
Last year, about 50 stalls at were razed at the Kumasi Central Market.
There is no official word yet on what caused the Asafo Market.
However, some affected traders believe a cobbler might kept one of their electrical equipment running overnight, heating up and catching fire.
Watch photos below.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Data Protection Commission to probe EC over sale of voters’ information to private firm
- India’s curious death hotels
- Hotline Documentary: When the last tree dies...
- NSMQ2019: Adisco begin 'journey to the fifth' with superb win
- I never took clothing allowance – Former GEPA Deputy CEO responds
- NaCCA warns of imposters in new curriculum training programme
- Students consuming cannabis-infused 'shito' - NACOB reveals
- Ejisu-Jamasi: Irate youth torch house, besiege police station over 'killings'
- Driver in accident involving 4 MDCEs dies in hospital
- Whistleblowers Act will work if informants trust they're safe - Law lecturer
- NSMQ does not favour girls - Teacher
- I refused my son job with Audit Service to protect him – Auditor General
- UEW crisis: Court upholds dismissal of Dr. Bekoe
- GIS steps up efforts to combat human trafficking
- The Watchman: The documentaries of Ghana’s Anas Aremeyaw Anas