A rainstorm in Accra on Sunday uprooted a tree at Lartebiokorshie, a suburb of the capital, causing damage to a car parked nearby.
The wine-coloured Nissan saloon car was parked a few metres from the tree, on the shoulder of the road.
The roof of the car and its windscreens have been smashed.
The impact shattered the windscreen of the car.
“Fortunately, there was no one in the car when the tree fell on it,” a resident said.
Commuters on the road especially in the Bishop Bowers area tell Joy News the tree has blocked the road, causing a traffic jam.
The tree was completely uprooted by the storm
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Media, security personnel train in civil-military relations
- Accra International Book Festival hosts South African writer on ‘Catch Up!’
- Year of Return: African diaspora & the significance of their return
- Boy shot dead, scores injured as Odumase protest against PDS
- Twellium Industry donates towards Alajo mosque rehabilitation
- Military officers, security experts get Peace Operations training
- Gov't provides 21 mechanised boreholes to Ghana Prisons Service
- Major Mahama murder trial: Prosecution invites 10th witness
- Special Prosecutor Office becoming butt of a joke – Suhuyini
- Ex-convict remanded for alleged murder of grandmother, 72
- Convener of Press Freedom protest claims attack
- Ogilvy Ghana bags 6 prestigious African SABRE awards
- Newspaper headlines: Wednesday, May 22, 2019
- Millionaire put private plane on autopilot so he could have sex with 15-year-old girl
- Real-life filming locations from when 'Game of Thrones' was good