The 14th Exclusive Economic Zone Management and Operations course has opened at the Ghana Armed Forces Command and Staff College, Accra.
The course is expected to expose participants to the key essentials of maritime-related operations, improving regional collaborations, and dealing with potential threats to maritime activities in the sub-region.
Chief Executive of National Petroleum Authority (NPA), Hassan Tampuli who was a guest speaker at the event said the programme has been designed to ensure a more professional and holistic understanding of Exclusive Economic Zone Management (EEZ) Management and Operations by all stakeholders.
He said the structure of the course will help “engender the political and institutional will needed to consider favourably, decisions affecting the effective and efficient protection of the enormous resources in the Zone.”
Mr. Tampuli is currently collaborating with the various security agencies to deal with the presence of petroleum cartels, both on the sea and land, said the course will also help to equip the participants with the courage to address critical challenges whenever they are confronted by them.
He also used the opportunity to pledge the NPA’s support to ensure a successful programme.
In all, 87 participants made up of 20 external participants from other security services and maritime-related agencies in Ghana and 67 regular students of Course 40 of the College, are attending the programme.
Out of the number, 27 of them are regular students from other African countries.
“With this robust assembly of human capital drawn from diverse professional backgrounds and experiences, it is my firm belief that these assets will be greatly utilized and aptly brought to bear on the final outputs expected from this endeavour,” Mr. Tampuli added.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Imported arms controversy: ‘Weapons pose security threat’ – Abotsi
- Climate change lessons included in new basic school curriculum
- We have employed 350,000 public sector workers - Veep
- 2 siblings washed away while playing in the rain
- Man charged with reckless driving wants to go to jail than home to wife
- Google launches one-stop shop for flights, hotels
- Baako wants CID boss changed
- 2 Suspected robbers killed in shoot-out with police at Kasoa
- NIA shuts down online portal for Ghana Card registration
- 5 years on; Rawlings, other NDC stalwarts remember PV Obeng
- Abuakwa South MCE urges youth to desist from using illicit drugs
- Who will be Ghana’s next possible IGP? Find out here
- Chinese man gets ten days in jail for giving his dogs “illegal” names
- Geddit Ghana announces winner of maiden promotion
- Zion College, Anloga celebrates 82nd speech and prize giving day