The 14th Exclusive Economic Zone Management and Operations course has opened at the Ghana Armed Forces Command and Staff College, Accra.
The course is expected to expose participants to the key essentials of maritime-related operations, improving regional collaborations, and dealing with potential threats to maritime activities in the sub-region.
Chief Executive of National Petroleum Authority (NPA), Hassan Tampuli who was a guest speaker at the event said the programme has been designed to ensure a more professional and holistic understanding of Exclusive Economic Zone Management (EEZ) Management and Operations by all stakeholders.
He said the structure of the course will help “engender the political and institutional will needed to consider favourably, decisions affecting the effective and efficient protection of the enormous resources in the Zone.”
Mr. Tampuli is currently collaborating with the various security agencies to deal with the presence of petroleum cartels, both on the sea and land, said the course will also help to equip the participants with the courage to address critical challenges whenever they are confronted by them.
He also used the opportunity to pledge the NPA’s support to ensure a successful programme.
In all, 87 participants made up of 20 external participants from other security services and maritime-related agencies in Ghana and 67 regular students of Course 40 of the College, are attending the programme.
Out of the number, 27 of them are regular students from other African countries.
“With this robust assembly of human capital drawn from diverse professional backgrounds and experiences, it is my firm belief that these assets will be greatly utilized and aptly brought to bear on the final outputs expected from this endeavour,” Mr. Tampuli added.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Tarzan chides Akufo-Addo, Sakyi-Addo, Kan Dapaah over Radio Gold, XYZ closure
- Akufo-Addo administration has worse press freedom record – Tarzan fires
- Israel Embassy launches competition to promote green innovation
- Media houses join hands in #DefendMediaFreedom campaign
- Immediate past IGP not free of contempt charges – Srem-Sai
- Efforts to end water scarcity must be science-driven – Expert
- That’s My Opinion: ’Good citizens are not born’
- Video: Adenta-Madina residents refuse to use highway footbridge
- Medical report declaring MP murder suspect sane for trial challenged
- Afoko contempt case: IGP, CID boss fail to show up on judgement day again
- Akufo-Addo directs IGP Apeatu to hand over to deputy
- World Population Day: Support, empower adolescents in fight against teenage pregnancies
- Danger! LPG cylinders' safety compromised
- CID investigation in Bissue’s case ‘unhelpful distraction’ - Tiger Eye