Old Mutual has provided Uber drivers and riders an Injury Protection.
Per the agreement, all Uber driver-partners will benefit from this cover the moment they accept a trip, driving to pick up a rider, to the end of the trip.
Riders will also be covered from the time their ride begins until the trip ends.
The packages include:
Medical Cover: If an accident happens On-Trip, this cover reimburses drivers and riders for necessary medical treatment costs up to GH¢12,500. In addition, this cover reimburses ambulance service costs.
Death and Funeral Payments: In the unfortunate event that a driver-partner or rider dies as a result of an accident On-Trip, their dependents or heirs will benefit from a lump sum payment of GH¢50,000. They will also obtain an amount of GH¢5,000 for funeral expenses.
Permanent Disability Payments: In the unfortunate event that a user suffers permanent disability as a result of an accident On-Trip, they will benefit from a lump sum payment up to GH¢50,000. The amount depends on the severity of the disability.
Daily Payment Benefit for Drivers (injury): If a driver is hospitalized for more than 48 hours as a result of an accident that happened On-Trip and are thereafter unable to drive because of those injuries, they will receive a daily payment of GH¢50 for up to 30 days whilst they are medically certified by a doctor as unfit to work.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- World beard and mustache competition begins in Belgium
- UG begins Bachelor of Education programme
- Four Africa city destinations you should visit right now
- Multimedia Group's Kwetey Nartey selected as 2019 Mandela Washington Fellow
- Church bans 'backpacks' over recent terror threat
- Imported arms controversy: ‘Weapons pose security threat’ – Abotsi
- Climate change lessons included in new basic school curriculum
- We have employed 350,000 public sector workers - Veep
- 2 siblings washed away while playing in the rain
- Man charged with reckless driving wants to go to jail than home to wife
- Google launches one-stop shop for flights, hotels
- Baako wants CID boss changed
- 2 Suspected robbers killed in shoot-out with police at Kasoa
- NIA shuts down online portal for Ghana Card registration
- 5 years on; Rawlings, other NDC stalwarts remember PV Obeng