Old Mutual has provided Uber drivers and riders an Injury Protection.
Per the agreement, all Uber driver-partners will benefit from this cover the moment they accept a trip, driving to pick up a rider, to the end of the trip.
Riders will also be covered from the time their ride begins until the trip ends.
The packages include:
Medical Cover: If an accident happens On-Trip, this cover reimburses drivers and riders for necessary medical treatment costs up to GH¢12,500. In addition, this cover reimburses ambulance service costs.
Death and Funeral Payments: In the unfortunate event that a driver-partner or rider dies as a result of an accident On-Trip, their dependents or heirs will benefit from a lump sum payment of GH¢50,000. They will also obtain an amount of GH¢5,000 for funeral expenses.
Permanent Disability Payments: In the unfortunate event that a user suffers permanent disability as a result of an accident On-Trip, they will benefit from a lump sum payment up to GH¢50,000. The amount depends on the severity of the disability.
Daily Payment Benefit for Drivers (injury): If a driver is hospitalized for more than 48 hours as a result of an accident that happened On-Trip and are thereafter unable to drive because of those injuries, they will receive a daily payment of GH¢50 for up to 30 days whilst they are medically certified by a doctor as unfit to work.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Retraction and apology – use of wrong image
- 9 more declared wanted over fatal NDC office shooting
- Kwabenya jailbreak: Taxi driver, barkeeper jailed 17 months
- NSMQ2019: Pope John, Notre Dame set to dominate regional qualifiers
- Scientists confident of GMO rice under trial in Ghana
- Agrifood & Water Technologies to launch in West Africa
- Photos: Tunisia president receives Ghana’s Foreign Affairs Minister
- Photos/Video: Victim of NDC office shooting buried amid tension at Tafo
- I’m a pharmacist not a fire arms dealer – Delali Brempong
- Some videos of Ayawaso by-election violence doctored – Witness
- By-election violence: Masked security men came to check party militia - National Security
- Ghanaian scammers are unemployed, intelligent - EOCO
- Portion of major Kumasi to Accra highway to be closed for repairs
- 3 workers die after electrocution in Kyebi
- Gov’t reviews traffic regulations to improve road transport