Eight people are dead and at least five are injured after a sprinter bus and Diesel truck collided into each other head on in Boankra Friday morning.
According to Joy News’ Ohemeng Tawiah, both the driver and a man in the passenger seat of the sprinter bus are among the eight dead.
In an attempt to avoid the accident, the truck driver swerved into a home nearby shortly after the collision. All occupants escaped the home uninjured.
The injured have been transported to the Accident and Emergency Unit at the Ejisu Government Hospital while others are at Konongo Hospital. They are believed to be in stable condition.
The bodies of the deceased are currently at a morgue inside the Juaben Government Hospital.
Some of the dead and injured have yet to be identified.
This story is developing. More soon.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Ghana’s popular tourist sites to receive facelift in 2019
- Child draws all over dad’s passport; dad gets stuck in South Korea
- Ghanaian lawyers appeal to IGP, Interior Minister to stop "brazen" murders
- Akufo-Addo outlines gov't's pillars of growth for Science and Technology
- We want answers to killings, not Commander's transfer - Alavanyo youth
- Political appointment or birthright?
- Ahmed’s killing: NDC stampeding investigations with own conclusions – Oppong Nkrumah
- Ghana's female peacekeeping officers winning hearts, minds in DR Congo
- Police interrogate Nyantakyi over Hussein-Suale murder
- Strong residents association will improve security - MP advises
- Hussein-Suale's death: GUNA calls on gov’t to improve security
- Parents of kidnapped Takoradi girls appeal to gov’t for help
- 'Sextortion': 10 cases recorded in less than a month
- Minority speaks on assassination of Ahmed Hussein-Suale
- Fishes return to Ankobra river as illegal miners exit