Eight people are dead and at least five are injured after a sprinter bus and Diesel truck collided into each other head on in Boankra Friday morning.
According to Joy News’ Ohemeng Tawiah, both the driver and a man in the passenger seat of the sprinter bus are among the eight dead.
In an attempt to avoid the accident, the truck driver swerved into a home nearby shortly after the collision. All occupants escaped the home uninjured.
The injured have been transported to the Accident and Emergency Unit at the Ejisu Government Hospital while others are at Konongo Hospital. They are believed to be in stable condition.
The bodies of the deceased are currently at a morgue inside the Juaben Government Hospital.
Some of the dead and injured have yet to be identified.
This story is developing. More soon.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Video: Customers storm Zoe Outreach Embassy to demand locked-up investment
- Ace Ankomah finds a cause to rant in Takoradi
- SSNIT wants contribution rate reviewed
- Let’s collaborate to run mission schools - Presbyterian University president to govt
- GNPC Foundation secures scholarship for students in rural communities
- Ex-convict sent back to prison for stealing
- Retired army officer criticises presser on Canadian girls’ rescue
- Odumase police investigate alleged lynching of unidentified man
- 94-year-old World War II veteran gets high school diploma
- Spending time in nature boosts health, study finds
- ENA calls for gov’t support for persons living with albinism
- Kidnappers of Canadian women demanded $800k ransom
- Gun-toting primary 3 student released on bail for threatening headmaster
- Gov't to increase research funding for tertiary teachers
- Unemployed jailed 15 years for robbing MoMo merchant