The Electricity Company of Ghana's (ECG) Power Queens, a female workforce of the power distribution company, have paid a courtesy call on the Chief of Staff at the Jubilee House.
The delegation led by the National President, Rosemond Asamoa-Frimpong took the opportunity to officially introduce their club to the Chief of Staff and brief her about the activities of the Power Queens since its establishment 30 years ago and also to seek her support.
Madam Rosemond indicated that Power Queens club was set up with the main objective of advocating for female staff who were mostly Junior Staffs then.
She narrated with pride how female staffs have risen through the ranks and are currently occupying senior officers’ position in ECG as a result of their participation in self-development programmes.
The Chief of Staff commended them for their incredible work and urged them to strive for greater heights particularly in their career.
She also assured them of her support.
The Chief of Staff, Akosua Frema Osei-Opare is a gender advocate who believes strongly in women empowerment.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- World beard and mustache competition begins in Belgium
- UG begins Bachelor of Education programme
- Four Africa city destinations you should visit right now
- Multimedia Group's Kwetey Nartey selected as 2019 Mandela Washington Fellow
- Church bans 'backpacks' over recent terror threat
- Imported arms controversy: ‘Weapons pose security threat’ – Abotsi
- Climate change lessons included in new basic school curriculum
- We have employed 350,000 public sector workers - Veep
- 2 siblings washed away while playing in the rain
- Man charged with reckless driving wants to go to jail than home to wife
- Google launches one-stop shop for flights, hotels
- Baako wants CID boss changed
- 2 Suspected robbers killed in shoot-out with police at Kasoa
- NIA shuts down online portal for Ghana Card registration
- 5 years on; Rawlings, other NDC stalwarts remember PV Obeng