The Electricity Company of Ghana's (ECG) Power Queens, a female workforce of the power distribution company, have paid a courtesy call on the Chief of Staff at the Jubilee House.
The delegation led by the National President, Rosemond Asamoa-Frimpong took the opportunity to officially introduce their club to the Chief of Staff and brief her about the activities of the Power Queens since its establishment 30 years ago and also to seek her support.
Madam Rosemond indicated that Power Queens club was set up with the main objective of advocating for female staff who were mostly Junior Staffs then.
She narrated with pride how female staffs have risen through the ranks and are currently occupying senior officers’ position in ECG as a result of their participation in self-development programmes.
The Chief of Staff commended them for their incredible work and urged them to strive for greater heights particularly in their career.
She also assured them of her support.
The Chief of Staff, Akosua Frema Osei-Opare is a gender advocate who believes strongly in women empowerment.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Flight attendants share their biggest passenger pet peeves
- UNESCO, ECOWAS sign MOU to enhance safety of Journalists in West Africa
- Third complaint against Sir David Adjaye over multiple contracts
- Christian family refuses to pay income taxes because it “goes against God’s will”
- Woman, 34, murdered in Agona Swedru
- Parliament approves conversion of UDS Wa campus into University
- 43-year-old mechanic jailed 5 years for beating up police officers
- Photo of the Week: When 'abnormal' indecent exposure becomes 'normal'
- KAIPTC to host flagship peace, security forum to honour late Kofi Annan
- Video: Presec students create App to track exeats
- Public Procurement Authority receives top award in Berlin
- L’AINE Services ends career clinic in Tamale
- Court to hear stay of proceedings motion filed by Dr Opuni
- Mahama murder trial: Court orders BNI to give suspect more time with lawyer
- Failed nurse jailed 22 months for faking documents