Of all the things that could go wrong at a funeral, this is probably up there among the worst.
A pallbearer stumbled and fell on top of the coffin as it was being lowered into the ground in front of mourners.
People wail in shock while others desperately try to prevent the woman’s corpse from falling out in the district of Pampas, Peru.
The coffin bearer appears to slip and lose his footing, tumbling into the plot and turning the coffin on its side.
As he clambers out, other people try to keep the lid on the coffin to prevent the woman’s body falling out any further, but the lid appears to be broken.
He managed to get out of the grave and the body was eventually interred correctly, allowing the funeral to continue as planned.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- World beard and mustache competition begins in Belgium
- UG begins Bachelor of Education programme
- Four Africa city destinations you should visit right now
- Multimedia Group's Kwetey Nartey selected as 2019 Mandela Washington Fellow
- Church bans 'backpacks' over recent terror threat
- Imported arms controversy: ‘Weapons pose security threat’ – Abotsi
- Climate change lessons included in new basic school curriculum
- We have employed 350,000 public sector workers - Veep
- 2 siblings washed away while playing in the rain
- Man charged with reckless driving wants to go to jail than home to wife
- Google launches one-stop shop for flights, hotels
- Baako wants CID boss changed
- 2 Suspected robbers killed in shoot-out with police at Kasoa
- NIA shuts down online portal for Ghana Card registration
- 5 years on; Rawlings, other NDC stalwarts remember PV Obeng