Properties belonging to the Glorious Word Ministry were vandalised Wednesday, in reaction to doomsday’s prophesies by the leader of the Church on New Year’s Eve.
Rev. Isaac Owusu Bempah, who is leader and founder of church claimed God revealed to him that former President John Mahama and current Vice President Mahamudu Bawumia would die this year unless they take firm spiritual actions.
He also claimed to have witnessed signs that suggest the Chief Imam, Sheikh Usman Nuhu Sharubutu, could die in this year (2019).
He then urged the Islamic community to pray for their leader.
Photo: Rev Isaac Owusu Bempah
The dark prophesies seem to have piqued some youth and in a viral video (below) – some agitated youth are seen destroying glass windows, billboards and other properties belonging to the popular preacher.
A pastor of the church told Joy News’ Emefa Dzradosi, Wednesday that he is sure the attack was triggered by the doom prophecy about the Chief Imam
Photo: Chief Imam, Osman Nuhu Sharubutu
Rev. Owusu-Bempah, who has a close affiliation with the Presidency is known for predicting doom, an annual ritual many clergymen have condemned as inciting fear and panic among Ghanaians.
Watch the video of the vandalism of his property at Dansoman below.
Meanwhile, the office of the National Chief Imam has called for calm and advised all to desist from any engagement and act that will tarnish the hard-earned image and reputation, particularly on peach and tolerance.
“...the Islamic faith remains restrained and tolerant and shun away every form of chaotic acts as the Islamic tenets does not condone intolerance.
“Islam indeed teaches us that death is inevitable and every soul shall taste death as enshrined in the Holy Quran. Death is not bound by age or any condition of life,” the statement said.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Flight attendants share their biggest passenger pet peeves
- UNESCO, ECOWAS sign MOU to enhance safety of Journalists in West Africa
- Third complaint against Sir David Adjaye over multiple contracts
- Christian family refuses to pay income taxes because it “goes against God’s will”
- Woman, 34, murdered in Agona Swedru
- Parliament approves conversion of UDS Wa campus into University
- 43-year-old mechanic jailed 5 years for beating up police officers
- Photo of the Week: When 'abnormal' indecent exposure becomes 'normal'
- KAIPTC to host flagship peace, security forum to honour late Kofi Annan
- Video: Presec students create App to track exeats
- Public Procurement Authority receives top award in Berlin
- L’AINE Services ends career clinic in Tamale
- Court to hear stay of proceedings motion filed by Dr Opuni
- Mahama murder trial: Court orders BNI to give suspect more time with lawyer
- Failed nurse jailed 22 months for faking documents